Ranch Fence Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ranch Fence Question

When replacing a low fence at the ranch on property with cattle on it that can’t be penned up during the replacement, is it typical to:
    1) Build the new fence a few inches within the old fence line and then tear down the old fence or
    2) Tear down a section of old fence at a time (such as 100 feet) and then build the new fence section each day so there is never a gap or
    3) some other method?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Portable hot wire 10yds inside old fence to give you working room, put new fence where it should be. Right down the property line

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
      Portable hot wire 10yds inside old fence to give you working room, put new fence where it should be. Right down the property line
      This.

Comment

Are there no parts of the old fence (such as posts, wire etc.) that are usable? If so, just go down the fence line replacing what needs to be replaced and throwing out the rest. Of your choices, I would say option #2 is the least desirable, and if you can't salvage any of the old fence, then I would go with the temporary electric fence option.

Comment

Option 2 works best for me. It's slow going but secure. Hot wire wouldn't be feasible in my situation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E20EB832-F109-4C01-A328-C7565C7AD109.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	24624189

Comment

Are you not crossed fenced? We just built new fence at our place in round top. Fenced the top half first then ran the moo moos up there then finished the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

make sure to notify the neighbor, they have to give you permission to take down any brush that is on their side.

Comment

Working...
              X