No announcement yet.

Shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, Sweden never shut down and they are being castigated by foreign residents...go figure..

Foreign residents in Sweden have told The Local how they have faced xenophobic abuse for wearing face masks and asking people to keep their distance in public places.

Comment

Congressman Dan Crenshaw posted this today.

‪A few key stats today as we are facing COVID-19 in Houston‬

‪Daily hospital growth rate is just .2% down from 5.2%, just a week ago ‬

‪We are still in “Phase 2” of our ICU surge capacity plan. ‬

‪Just 9% of our Phase 2 capacity is full‬

‪Phase 3 is not expected in the next two weeks‬

‪This means the hospitals can surge another 842 beds -- at minimum-- if needed. It is worth noting that hospitals regularly operate at 95% ICU capacity this time of year.‬

‪Texas still has one of the lowest death rates in the entire country. Our case fatality rate is just 1.23%‬

‪New York has 10x the COVID-19 deaths of Texas. 164 deaths per 100,000 vs 11 deaths per 100,000‬

‪CA’s spike in cases is as bad as Texas, even though their lockdown was longer‬

‪We CANNOT lock down again as we look for solutions to combat this public health crisis.‬

‪We should continue to strengthen our health care system so that it can continue to handle the uptick in cases.‬

‪And we can take personal precautions like wearing masks and social distancing.‬

‪All of this will help prevent us from making the critical mistake of locking down again. The economic, educational, and other public health impacts of lockdowns are unacceptable.‬

‪Texans are stepping up to confront this challenge together. We can do this.‬

Comment

Rate of fatality is 0.47%

Chew on that

Comment

I work for the largest credit union in central texas out of the corporate headquarters and we were just told to work from home until 12/31 at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No there will be no lock down.

First, the small business owner that won't survive won't comply. They will find a way to keep the doors open.

Second, most people recognize the threat of a economic lock down is nothing more than a political stunt. Abbott would be committing political suicide if he moved left and ordered a shut down.

Finally, if there was an order to shut down, and you had the ability to keep working, are you staying home or are you going to go to work?

Comment

If they try to shut it down everyone needs to throw the middle finger up to all these dumb arse politicians and just go on about their lives and business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Everyone needs to just keep going and doing their normal things. Business needs to just stay open and people protest the political lackeys when they show up. Otherwise make it a living hell if they try to close them or fine them. Its past time to do what the other side does. Just no violence.
                If small business owners are shut down again, I would expect and be fine with them resorting to violence against the appropriate folks. A man can only be pushed so far. Marvin Heemeyer killdozer style.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                  How about we tell them to screw off and keep working
                  Just call it a shut down protest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Yep, everybody tell em to go to hell and proceed as usual.

What are they going to do if everyone does this? They will be helpless to do anything. Attemp to use force and the recent protests would be nothing compared to what would come.

Comment

I’m not thinking near as many will abide by another shut down. I didn’t the first

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                      No there will be no lock down.

First, the small business owner that won't survive won't comply. They will find a way to keep the doors open.

Second, most people recognize the threat of a economic lock down is nothing more than a political stunt. Abbott would be committing political suicide if he moved left and ordered a shut down.

Finally, if there was an order to shut down, and you had the ability to keep working, are you staying home or are you going to go to work?
                      You havent been paying attention, Abbot already committed political suicide. He sold us out. He could have called a special session for the legislature, but he didnt. He made the decision that he would decide whats best for us and our "health". Problem is he framed it to put the spotlight on local politicians (not that they are any better) and businesses, instead of taking the heat. Instead of the people's representatives coming up with solutions he is making tyrannical decrees on his own that ain't worth the paper they are written on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyg View Post
                        i work for the largest credit union in central texas out of the corporate headquarters and we were just told to work from home until 12/31 at least.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                        ufcu ?

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
                          My wife’s been denied every kind of assistance possible. Small business loan, unemployment benefits, just the $600 assistance program
                          , straight up everything. Shut down or not idk how we’re gonna survive this. She’s owned her own business going on 12 years and we had a baby in February so now everything combined has taken its toll on us. Her clients are too broke to come in, we’ve spent our savings on baby and paying her rent. This whole thing needs to go away, just pull an Obama and say we’re aware of it and quit testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Prayers sent

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fulmer34 View Post
                            Its coming, Abbott's chief of Texas Division of Emergency Management is now asking people to wear masks and social distance in your own home. The stupidity is running rampant. Either the face masks work and we can require them and open everything back up to full tilt boogy. Or the masks are a load of crap and they are just conditioning people to be compliant. Its the latter unless someone can provide evidence of a scientific study that proves masks stop the spread of viruses, not just an "experts" opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                            The masks are a load of crap. Period. Just watch people wearing them. Folks touch their face a heckuva lot more wearing them. It’s a joke really.

Comment

we got notice today that masks are no longer optional in our shop while working....they will be mandatory now....for those that don't know- they fog up yur safety glasses to where your vision is blurred causing a safety issue...but we won't discuss that so long as we have a mask to make us dizzy from lack of oxygen to the brain and keep from spreading covid...im fine with being safe and wearing the mask even thou I find it difficult to breathe in...but idk what they will say next when someone crashes a forklift into something cause they can't see thru fogged glasses....i will say I do enjoy watching all the guys who use smokeless tobacco try and wear that mask and lift it up and down so they can spit every 90 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
                                we got notice today that masks are no longer optional in our shop while working....they will be mandatory now....for those that don't know- they fog up yur safety glasses to where your vision is blurred causing a safety issue...but we won't discuss that so long as we have a mask to make us dizzy from lack of oxygen to the brain and keep from spreading covid...im fine with being safe and wearing the mask even thou I find it difficult to breathe in...but idk what they will say next when someone crashes a forklift into something cause they can't see thru fogged glasses....i will say I do enjoy watching all the guys who use smokeless tobacco try and wear that mask and lift it up and down so they can spit every 90 seconds.
                                No doubt, those who make the rules usually are not left trying to figure out how to make them work in real world applications.
                                Safety glasses fogging up is an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X