No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any one looking to add some flavor to their food list, check out Peak Refuels new Elk Ragu Pasta and bison ranch mashers. Chad Mendes Signature meals. They are Excellent

Comment

I am looking for a paper map of Unit 81 in Colorado. DIY Hunting Maps is currently out of stock for Unit 81. Does anyone have a recommendation for another place to order one from? Or, does anyone out there have one they don't need anymore and would be willing to mail to me? We are using OnX, but I want to also be able to look at it in detail on paper.

My pack was delivered today. Time to load it up and start walking!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntercoach View Post
        I am looking for a paper map of Unit 81 in Colorado. DIY Hunting Maps is currently out of stock for Unit 81. Does anyone have a recommendation for another place to order one from? Or, does anyone out there have one they don't need anymore and would be willing to mail to me? We are using OnX, but I want to also be able to look at it in detail on paper.

Epic Outdoors sells paper maps

Comment

Following

Comment

Just got some pictures from my buddy in Montana of some new ground he leased for this season. Those high meadows and aspen groves are calling my name. Also the two cabins are going to be nice instead of driving in and out of town every day.

Comment

^that looks like paradise

Comment

Nice Montana pictures- where about is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntercoach View Post

MyTopo is excellent source for paper maps

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Nice Montana pictures- where about is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s about 45 min north of butte, same general area I hunted when we met up last year before the season.

Comment

Anyone putting in some work to get ready for elk season? Just finished 4 miles with 40lbs, sweating with a purpose feels great.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                        Anyone putting in some work to get ready for elk season? Just finished 4 miles with 40lbs, sweating with a purpose feels great.
                        6 miles every Sunday with 50lbs and been riding bike 6miles @ 6am and 7pm 5 days a week.

With that said think going to have turn my Sept archery elk tag in an just hunt sept rifle bear. Have arm/elbow surgery this 28th. 6 week recovery.... as tempting as it is to try to make my bow work, just don’t think it’s smart.

I have a few more days to think it over...

Comment

Just got some pictures from my buddy in Montana of some new ground he leased for this season. Those high meadows and aspen groves are calling my name. Also the two cabins are going to be nice instead of driving in and out of town every day.

Umm no sir, by third day I wouldn’t make it out of bed, way to comfortable and convenient., lol

Comment

Just got back from a 3 mile run around the hills of Lake Travis in Spicewood. Last night hiked the same hills for an hour with 45# in my Stone Glacier. Tomorrow is lift day...then rest...then repeat. Looking forward to September in northern CO.

Comment

Yes sir. I walk my dog every morning & evening 3 miles/walk wearing my pack with a 20 lb. dumbbell in it. I'm upping the weight next week to my small sand bag. I think it's 35 lbs.

This past Saturday I did 14 miles with 35 lbs. in the pack and 21 total miles for the day. Trying to do mixed weights/cardio/box ups during my lunch breaks as well. Trying to make up for spending way too long not doing enough . Working from home has been great for helping with that.

Been shooting my bow almost every evening as well. Only about 6 weeks away

Comment

Monsoon rains have come, praise the lord !
                                Hoping SW Colorado is getting some good rain with this. Mountains need it for fire restrictions.
                                Our range in Wyoming is in desperate need of good soaking rains too.
                                Lets hope it continues til fall.

Comment

Working...
                                X