rifle scope recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rifle scope recommendations

Back story, I have a custom WTO 6.5 prc with 3B barrel, TL3 action, etc etc.

I had a althon cronus on it which was an awesome scope, sold to a buddy getting into ELR and wanting something more light weight. Mainly used for hunting with 100-500 yard shots, enjoy reloading and a few times a year go shooting long range. Looking to spend 1k and under, what do yall recommend?

Are you planning on doing a lot of (or any) dialing?
    Do you want a duplex reticle or something with some BDC hashmarks or a full on christmas tree?
    1" or 30mm? (34mm wont be very light)

Heres a copuple Swaro 3-18x's for right at what you're looking to spend.
    Its a 1" tube but would be much lighter and depending what features you want might fit the ticket.
    Glass is Swaro so you know how that goes.
    This scope was used for a one day demonstration so we are not selling as new. Box shows a little wear, item includes everything plus a full factory warranty.Click Here for 4W Reticle Instructions Swarovski Specifications Quick Review magnification range: 3.5X to 18X scope weight: 15.9 ounces scope length: 14.29 inches eye relief: 3.74 inches scope finish: matte black

This scope was used for a one day demonstration so we are not selling as new. Box shows a little wear, item includes everything plus a full factory warranty.American Hunter's 2012 Optic of the Year! Swarovski Specifications Quick Review magnification range: 3.5X to 18X scope weight: 15.9 ounces scope length: 14.29 inches eye relief: 3.74 inches scope finish: matte black
    Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 07-13-2020, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Vortex RAZOR LHT would be my first choice for something like you’re looking. I’m not willing to give up turrets or reticles regardless of how light the optic is or good the glass is. The LHT is about as much of a compromise as I’m willing to make. Good glass, decent reticle, and decent turrets in a decently lightweight package while not being great at anything.

Being that I’m not a compromise maker I’d probably just throw another NF NX8 on the rifle and be done with it though.

Comment

SWFA, not light but ridiculously stout and reliable

Comment

Midway had a few “blem” NX8s for sale.

I’d want a min 30m tube and 14 power. VX5 HD looks nice as well. Dial doesn’t bother me, but I’d like to dial.

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          Vortex RAZOR LHT would be my first choice for something like you’re looking. I’m not willing to give up turrets or reticles regardless of how light the optic is or good the glass is. The LHT is about as much of a compromise as I’m willing to make. Good glass, decent reticle, and decent turrets in a decently lightweight package while not being great at anything.

Being that I’m not a compromise maker I’d probably just throw another NF NX8 on the rifle and be done with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
            Midway had a few “blem” NX8s for sale.

I’d want a min 30m tube and 14 power. VX5 HD looks nice as well. Dial doesn’t bother me, but I’d like to dial.
            I have never owned a LHT Vortex, but the G4i reticle would be the only one I would consider. The other reticles are awful busy for a hunting scope.

I still like the NF SHV over the VX5 HD, but rifle scope opinions are as bad as pick up truck opinions

Comment

Give me that rifle and you won’t have to worry about it

Comment

Hunting out to 500yds.....
                I’d go leupold vx5hd in 3x15-44

Comment

Gonna need to pick 30mm as I own those 34mm scope rings now.
                  Leupold VX5 cds.

Comment

Wife’s cousin is married to Clayton, it’s never gonna be sold!

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    Give me that rifle and you won’t have to worry about it

Comment

I've got a vortex lht and a vx 5hd and they are very comparable. Good glass, light, good enough (so far) turrets and reticles. Both elevation turrets lock and windage are covered which i like in a hunting rig

Comment

Just need to buy a scope already and get to shooting

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                          Hunting out to 500yds.....
                          I’d go leupold vx5hd in 3x15-44
                          This, I'm running this scope on a 300wm and love it. Killed out to 450 yds with it so far.

Comment

Heres a good deal on a Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44

Leupy VX5HD 3-15x44 deal (firedot reticle though)
                            Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 07-14-2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X