Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
    Thanks Gunny, we ordered one TC to start with. I'll do a trial run and we will plan on ordering more of them.
    Thanks

Comment

I getting on a new lease in between Eldorado and Mertzon i'm excited. always hunted the piny woods of east Texas. can ya'll tell me a little about the area as in when is the rut best place to get corn. my wife don't like it because the cell service sucks but she will live lol.

Comment

speaking of t post's, anyone have a t post driver we could rent/borrow!!??? hahaha. got 4 feed pens to put up and we're not looking forward to driving all the t-posts!!
        Last edited by Super Stroked; 07-13-2020, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stroked View Post
          speaking of t post's, anyone have a t post driver we could rent/borrow!!??? hahaha. got 4 feed pens to put up and we're not looking forward to driving all the t-posts!!
          Go to a rental company and rent a gas powered one best money you ever spent I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
            Go to a rental company and rent a gas powered one best money you ever spent I promise.
            for sure. we've hammered in enough manually in east Texas to know we don't want to out there in this area! haha hoping somone may have one sitting around that they are willing to make a few bucks on without having to pay the rental fees!!

Comment

I usually use the bucket of the tractor but I'll admit I bend a lot of posts doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                I usually use the bucket of the tractor but I'll admit I bend a lot of posts doing it.
                yeah, we've done that before but we won't have a tractor available on this trip. too much other stuff to haul

Comment

Originally posted by tshelton View Post
                  I getting on a new lease in between Eldorado and Mertzon i'm excited. always hunted the piny woods of east Texas. can ya'll tell me a little about the area as in when is the rut best place to get corn. my wife don't like it because the cell service sucks but she will live lol.
                  You will be spoiled! Our peak rut historically is around the 15th of November and we honestly see chasing the rest of the season on our place. Thanksgiving is a really good time to be in the stand! Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stroked View Post
                    We just do it manually it’s not bad unless you’re doing a bunch of them at once or moving them often.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      Browning strike force is my go to

That’s all I run now. Love them things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I heard there is a fire between Water Valley and Sterling City that is rolling North fast. From what I have heard it is just west of Walnut Rd on the North side of the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post
                          I heard there is a fire between Water Valley and Sterling City that is rolling North fast. From what I have heard it is just west of Walnut Rd on the North side of the highway.
                          I was flying from Angelo to Dalhart to work this week and I saw the fire. Looked like they had it under control, seemed it was going N-NE at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                            I was flying from Angelo to Dalhart to work this week and I saw the fire. Looked like they had it under control, seemed it was going N-NE at that time.
                            Good deal, I was worried about it getting in the rough county with the high winds.

Comment

Originally posted by Btoutdoors View Post

Just missed our camp by a football throw. We got lucky to say the least. Last I heard they have it contained. Going to sit on it all night to make sure it doesn’t take off again.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                                Just missed our camp by a football throw. We got lucky to say the least. Last I heard they have it contained. Going to sit on it all night to make sure it doesn’t take off again.

That's great news, I am hearing the same about it being contained.

Comment

Working...
                                X