Going Rate For Small Acreage Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Rate For Small Acreage Lease

I may have an opportunity to lease 50 ac and just need some ballpark numbers on a price per acre. One bow/gun, and I've been hunting hogs and squirrels here for maybe 8-9 years. Fair numbers of deer but not a trophy lease by any means--

I was thinking $10 an acre--

No input to help. But I love squirrel hunting. I'd pay for just that

Comment

We have a 75 acre that's $8/

Pigs in my avatar came from the 75 acres

Comment

If it's a really good place I'd offer as much as I can within reason, but $10 an acre is a good starting point.

Comment

10-14 for large acreage is reasonable. I would think small places would be double that at least.

Comment

Placing myself in the shoes of a landowner, would $500 be enough to mess with allowing someone access to my property? Maybe, maybe not. Likely dependent upon the owners’s circumstances. Good luck with your negotiation.

Comment

It really boils down to what it’s worth to you. Sounds like $500 is about the answer judging by your comment.

Comment

a lease that small its really hard to go by a price/acre IMO. This is my 9th yr on 90 acres in Castel. ive paid 2k per year, every yr. price per acre is outrageous... but 2k for the entire place year round for me and my family--- worth it

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                    Placing myself in the shoes of a landowner, would $500 be enough to mess with allowing someone access to my property? Maybe, maybe not. Likely dependent upon the owners’s circumstances. Good luck with your negotiation.
                    The owner used to operate a gun shop and rifle range, but retired from that business several years back. I did lots of his range work---scope mounting, zero work, and reloading accuracy work-ups and have been doing hogs and squirrels for a long time so I don't think it is an issue of "allowing someone access" -- I just don't want to embarrass myself--

Comment

I would say 10/acre was low as they need to buy a permit from TPWD and that eats 1/6 of the funds. If close and has good animals I would say 20/acre wouldn’t be bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Alderrg View Post
                        a lease that small its really hard to go by a price/acre IMO. This is my 9th yr on 90 acres in Castel. ive paid 2k per year, every yr. price per acre is outrageous... but 2k for the entire place year round for me and my family--- worth it

Bingo. Price per acre isn’t the only metric. Location, hunting quality, harvest potential, accommodations all play a factor. Small acreage in the right place and good landowner situation can be worth considerably more the the rate per for larger tracts.

Call me first if ever decide to leave your place in Castel. Hunting that country, access the river and hanging out at the general store would justify what your paying without question!

Comment

I don't think I would willingly leave. even if I find another place with exotics, which I look for every season, I would keep this one. Landowner is awesome. We treat and take care of the property as our own. Lots of memories made and the kids always harvest a few deer!

Originally posted by basschump View Post
                          Bingo. Price per acre isn’t the only metric. Location, hunting quality, harvest potential, accommodations all play a factor. Small acreage in the right place and good landowner situation can be worth considerably more the the rate per for larger tracts.

Call me first if ever decide to leave your place in Castel. Hunting that country, access the river and hanging out at the general store would justify what your paying without question!

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                            I would say 10/acre was low as they need to buy a permit from TPWD and that eats 1/6 of the funds. If close and has good animals I would say 20/acre wouldn’t be bad

Why

Comment

I had 42 acres next to Davey Crockett NF that I paid $600 a year for.

Comment

Working...
                              X