cat tail puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cat tail puller

i have a 50 hp john Deere and i have a cattail problem around my pond im contemplating building an attachment for the front of my loader maybe with 5 ft further out than the bucket is now with a squeeze clamp to pull out cattails has anyone tried this yet?

No help here. In for the responses and eventual pics...

Comment

Long reach excavator.

Comment

Sorry only Cat Tail pulling I ever done (got me bit) Never heard of such ..I thought there were chemical that controlled them

Comment

bboswell they are a little bit expensive or i would have 1....cva34 yes put it makes a mess in the pond when they die,i had actually dug them out about 10 years ago like boswell suggested then every spring my wife and i would load up in the paddle boat with a 6 pack on ice paddle around the pond pull the new sprouts outand it worked untill i couldnt paddle around the pond any more however they are back after 6 years no one pulling them and they are thick

Comment

I had good luck once getting in the pond and cutting them with shears below the water serface and then they fill up with water and drown. Don’t know if this is an option for you.

Comment

There was a guy on here who built a tree shear similar to what I think you're talking about. Had hydraulic cylinders out front that pushed two blades together. You wouldn't need the blades.

Last edited by twistedmidnite; 09-11-2021, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Spray them with roundup. Do a little at a time

Comment

Working...
                X