Gun Safe recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Safe recommendations

I'm looking for a new gun safe. It doesn't have to be a vault but would prefer better options than security. There are a ton of options online so I figured that I'd ask you guys. Looking for something around 4' wide for 40ish long guns. I have a few of those cheap flimsy metal cabinets and would like to move everything into one safe.

Liberty Fatboy 48 gun capacity I think. I don’t have 48 guns though. About half is dedicated to personal papers, jewelry etc etc. I think it’s rated at 45 minutes at 2,000 degrees but could be wrong. Also look into safElert. Battery operated and gives you updates via email, text, or both regarding battery life , humidity level, heat, and motion/disturbance alerts. Tells you when door has been opened etc etc.

Comment

Liberty is what I have. High quality safe. Just so you know, just because the safe manufacturers say it is a 30 gun, or 45 gun safe for example, that does not mean that is how many guns you can put in the safe.
      My Liberty Franklin model is a 30 or 35 gun safe and I can realistically put about half that many inside it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want to fit 40 long guns, you will need a 60 gun safe. Especially if you are talking scoped rifles. I ended up with a custom built safe. Cost a little more, but it’s exactly what I wanted.

Comment

If you want to increase safe capacity for long guns be sure to use rifle rods and take out the bolts. You can stack them a lot closer together, but they will touch. I use gun socks to protect against handling marks but it makes it harder to identify your rifles.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

AMSEC B&F Series...

Comment

Stand up a Ridgid job box, add a paint job (if you don't like the orange) & some gun rack inserts and you have a Done Deal!

I trust the designed of the Job box way more than I do the store bought safes.
              The Box has a 1-time installation lock system, with recessed shackle, saves time and provide protection against break-in by saws, pry bars, and bolt cutters (locks not included)
              Overlapping cover design provides superior weather resistance and added security; features heavy-duty, 16-Gauge steel construction with fully arc-welded seams

Comment

Call George at Worldwide Safe and Vault, 800-932-2278. They sell refurbished commercial safes at very reasonable prices, delivered and installed by professionals. You get to choose the color and the two lock types.

If he doesn't have exactly what you want in stock, he will call you when something that might work arrives. Payment is 50% by credit card when it ships, and 50% after it is installed to your satisfaction.

Comment

Originally posted by banzai View Post
                  Call George at Worldwide Safe and Vault, 800-932-2278. They sell refurbished commercial safes at very reasonable prices, delivered and installed by professionals. You get to choose the color and the two lock types.

If he doesn't have exactly what you want in stock, he will call you when something that might work arrives. Payment is 50% by credit card when it ships, and 50% after it is installed to your satisfaction.
                  Nice!

Comment

I like Cannon safes, above is a link to why. Others might have the same warranty, but I'm only aware of this manufacturer.

Comment

I picked up a browning Mark IV 48 last year and absolutely love it. Slick design, internal lighting, modular rack system, and a storage rack on top. It’s stout and it looks it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Champion safe, Liberty, Cannon I have 3 friends with 3 different brands like
                        Chevy,Dodge,Ford find a reputable safe sales location and see which one jumps out at ya big investment
                        Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 08-06-2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Champion or Superior are good. I would definitely try to find something taller if possible. The standard 60” tall safes just don’t allow extra shelf’s for other storage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

American Security

Comment

Something you should consider when buying a gun safe. If the safe will not open due to fire/smoke damage. Seems most of the safes these days have a cheap looking plastic keypad which I know fails during these events. Wife is an adjuster. Some insurance companies will pay to have it opened. Some will not. Same with the safe companies. You may have to foot the bill to get it opened by a locksmith. No clue what a locksmith would charge to get it opened. Reason I went with the old fashioned dial instead of the push button dial. They are getting harder to find. I would ask your insurance company as well as safe company.

Comment

Working...
                              X