What truck tuner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What truck tuner?

I have a 2015 Chevy Z71 crew cab. Small lift with 33/12.50r20. I’m looking to delete the 4cly cut and have more power/tow ability. Along with better throttle response.

I have done some research and have heard good things about 5star tuners and Diablo tuners. Just wanting to hear from y’all and real world experience.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really depends on what you’re after.

If you just want a boxed tune for gaining a bit of power back while being able to somewhat lessen the Torque Management, several work fine and have the ability to disable the engine shutoff.

Personally I do have a DiabloSport Trinity which comes with decent factory tunes but can also plug into your PC or laptop and accept custom written tunes in case you decide to ever go heavier into mods including but not limited to the cam, throttle body, intake, exhaust, combination thereof. Even going further internal.

Most reputable tuners can look at your mods and get you close, and then will tweak your tune from the reports you send back. Main thing is to get an “expandable” tuner that will accept custom programs.

My opinion at least.

Comment

I went with Black Bear Performance for my 2003 Chevy 1500HD with the 6.0 and it was a night vs day improvement.

Comment

Custom tuner will always be better than a boxed tuner.

Comment

Diablosport

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

For what your after most canned tunes will work. No reason to drop a bunch of $$ for a custom tunes without any real mods.

Comment

What truck tuner?

Went with the Diablo!!! From the videos I watched and people I have talked to this was the most highly recommended. Let’s see what it’s all about tomorrow morning.

Thanks to all for the help.

Last edited by Buckwheat; 02-26-2021, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Let's hear about the results....? Big difference?

Comment

In for the results.

Fixing to do a leveling kit and better tires on my 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500.

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
                    In for the results.

Fixing to do a leveling kit and better tires on my 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500.
                    Just find a custom tuning shop, and upload a custom tune built specific to your truck. No two engines are optimized on the same tune.

Any tune you install will void your warranty just fyi.

Comment

What truck tuner?

Ok since install results.

So I went with the 87 octane tune.
                      Turned off the AFM.
                      Increased throttle response by 10%. Will be going up to 20% which is max on this tuner.
                      Increased trans shifting to firm(sport/tow mode).
                      And calibrated speedo with tire size.

Results are good IMO.
                      Drivability are way better.
                      No more shifting from 8-4-8 cylinders all the time.
                      No more searching for gears while city driving.
                      I don’t hammer this truck but when getting up to highway speeds it gets there faster and easier with the better throttle response. Not having to mash on the peddle as far.
                      Shifting is definitely more firm. Shifts how a truck should IMO
                      Best part is the 2 mpg increase so far(pen to paper). I drive a lot of backroads to and from work so hope to see the increase on the highway improve on my next trip.

I’m going to play with this tune some more and see how it does and maybe end up with a custom tune. But for a can tune this one impressed me.

The great thing about this tune is it saves my stock tune to the unit. So if have to take the truck into the shop. I go back to stock tune and won’t lose my tune. Get the truck back and put the tune back on.

Last edited by Buckwheat; 03-08-2021, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X