Refrigerator help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refrigerator help

We went out of town this weekend and came back to a fridge that wasn’t fully cold. My wife said the door was cracked open when we got here so thought it might’ve just thawed out.
    Well we shut the door and woke this morning to the fridge still not right.
    The compressor is running and both the condenser and evaporator fans are working. The freezer is cold, with a little bit of ice forming, but the fridge is still cool at best.

Any ideas what to look for? The compressor is staying running so I don’t think it is any kind of circuitry problem or thermostat issues.

Make sure your condensing coils are clean.

tending the fire,
    Bob G.

Comment

My fridge did the same thing, freezer working but fridge part not cold.

It turned out that ice had formed and blocked the passage that the cold air needs to go through to get from the freezer to the fridge area.

I thawed out the fridge and freezer for a day and then it worked fine when I plugged it back in.

Comment

The passage mentioned above
        Either pass through flap is not working properly or could be frozen up

Comment

What Fridge? Our Samsung does this about once a year, usually when it's been left open for extended periods of time (Don't get me started on why our fridge has been left open).

I usually pop the back cover off inside the fridge and thaw out the circulation fan in front of the coils, and good to go.

Comment

Mine doesn't cool like it is supposed to, so we had to turn the thermostat down. Some of the stuff freezes now.

Comment

Update. I ended up unplugging early this morning in case it was frozen up. Ended up getting a break in my schedule and pulled the panel apart to find evap coil frozen up. Thawing out now. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

I had the same thing happening to me. I would always unplug and defrost and it would work again for 6-8 months. I got tired of warm beer every 6-8 months and after a lot of research I replaced the thermostat and freezer heater. I haven't had a problem in over a year now.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                  Update. I ended up unplugging early this morning in case it was frozen up. Ended up getting a break in my schedule and pulled the panel apart to find evap coil frozen up. Thawing out now. Thanks for the replies.
                  If it happens again it is probably the thermostat in the freezer but I also would replace the heater while having it apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazzy View Post
                    If it happens again it is probably the thermostat in the freezer but I also would replace the heater while having it apart.
                    I’m thinking it’s due to the door being left cracked open over the weekend. I’ll keep this in mind if it happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                      I’m thinking it’s due to the door being left cracked open over the weekend. I’ll keep this in mind if it happens again.
                      Yes with the humidity down there, and the door left open compressor running it’s butt off, froze it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X