No announcement yet.

2018 Middle of North Texas Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you drive a t-post into the ground and run a piece of chain through the pvc, loop the chain around the post, cap the end of the pvc w/ screw in cap. Drill some 3/4" holes in the pipe to let corn dribble out of the tube. The hogs bang the pipe around the post to make the corn come out. Makes 'em work for it. Just a thought...

Probably didn't describe the system very well. Hope you can get the idea.

Comment

Good idea on the gravity feeders but the coons might be the only downfall to that idea.

Comment

I took it down to the wire across the red a warrior came limping into my set in the last hour of the season. never seen him before not even on camera. But he presented me a shot at 20 yards I couldn’t pass up not my biggest but I’m dang sure proud of him after a long hard season. Scored 133 2/8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
          I took it down to the wire across the red a warrior came limping into my set in the last hour of the season. never seen him before not even on camera. But he presented me a shot at 20 yards I couldn’t pass up not my biggest but I’m dang sure proud of him after a long hard season. Scored 133 2/8

Awesome! Congrats on grinding it out! You are a professional hunter

Gonna be taking my grandson out for the last youth weekend. Hope a giant shows up!
          Cold and windy for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            Awesome! Congrats on grinding it out! You are a professional hunter

Gonna be taking my grandson out for the last youth weekend. Hope a giant shows up!

Cold and windy for sure.

Thank you . Good luck to y’all deer seem like they are starting to show back up at the feeders some now that season is over of course.

Comment

congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                Could you drive a t-post into the ground and run a piece of chain through the pvc, loop the chain around the post, cap the end of the pvc w/ screw in cap. Drill some 3/4" holes in the pipe to let corn dribble out of the tube. The hogs bang the pipe around the post to make the corn come out. Makes 'em work for it. Just a thought...

Probably didn't describe the system very well. Hope you can get the idea.
                I understand the idea but I’m wanting to have an alternative spot that hogs won’t come to. I’ve killed more hogs since November than the other 7 guys combined. I wouldn’t mind putting up panels but no one else on our lease does. All stands are community stands so someone else can hunt mine if I’m not there and vise versa. I don’t want my stand to turn into the hot spot because I’ve put up some panels.

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                Good idea on the gravity feeders but the coons might be the only downfall to that idea.
                Possibly but I had maybe 5 pics of coons this year (first year).

I’m thinking I may be able to put out enough corn (125+ lbs) that coons shouldn’t be a huge factor. I’m at the least generally every other week during deer season. It may run out but will be replenished.

Comment

Ahh. My bad. Maybe a couple of bump feeders? Deer can reach them but hogs can't.

Comment

. Got me a good 8 at my buddies lease near Seymour back in December!

Comment

Originally posted by buckjunkie25 View Post
                      . Got me a good 8 at my buddies lease near Seymour back in December!

Nice looking buck.

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                      Ahh. My bad. Maybe a couple of bump feeders? Deer can reach them but hogs can't.
                      I’ll try something. Worst case scenario is I waste a little time and money.

Comment

Munchkins got it done this weekend!
                        Greatness.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Cant post more pics. Coming soon!

Comment

Good stuff ABCDEFGHMNOP.

Comment

North Texas Studs

The season can't come quick enough.... A bumper year for good bucks on our place. These are the two best so far. The buck in the top picture lost his eye in a fight last season and boy did his rack get gnarly.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nra0585 View Post
                                The season can't come quick enough.... A bumper year for good bucks on our place. These are the two best so far. The buck in the top picture lost his eye in a fight last season and boy did his rack get gnarly.
                                Wow. Really really great bucks. Which area are you in?

Comment

Working...
                                X