Cutting land line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting land line?

We've had this land line for 40+ yrs and all of our friends/family and a lot of business dealings call us on it so we have kept it just for convenience. We both have cell phones. But something has gotta go. We have cell, TV, LL and computer service all with AT&T. Supposed to be all under the u-verse package to save money. But I cannot see where we are saving. We negotiated some of the prices this past Dec. but this months bill jumped almost $50 mainly because "your plan expired @ the end of the year". I'm tired of the continuous price increases.
    Anyone out there that uses AT&T for computer and/or TV alone? I wanna cut the land line but can I keep the rest? Seems to be redundant service anyway.

Cut my land line a long time ago. Forward all land line calls to cell. Done deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve never had a land line. Lol. If you’re wanting to save some money look into streaming tv. I have ATT TV and it’s something like $45/mo. Not sure who my internet provider is, I’ll have to ask the wife. We were finally able to get cable internet. We had been javi to use satellite which was slow and expensive.

Comment

Adults can learn a new number to call.

Comment

We haven't had a land line in years. Our cells/data are on ATT. The wifi at the house is on spectrum/direct tv. We saw no value in the bundle either. Spectrum/Direct tv try to jump our rates every once in a while. My wife calls and takes care of it though. We did cancel once then resubscribed and got the new customer deal. It was pretty funny. We just tell them thats what we will do again and they seem to work things out with no increase.
          They play alot of games.

Comment

I cut my landline about 15 years ago.....saved me a whole $10/month. But it was worth more than that, not hearing it ring with telemarketer BS....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              I cut my landline about 15 years ago.....saved me a whole $10/month. But it was worth more than that, not hearing it ring with telemarketer BS....
              Cut mine off years ago, I had three back to back marketing calls
              1. State trooper club
              2. Warriors benefit fund
              3. 1000 club

All called multiple times in a day so I hooked up the fax machine
              To zero results in stopping them

Comment

We need to as well. Only use it gets is the harrassment callers. We have kept it because if you have an emergency and dial 911 they will come to the right house even if you die/pass out, etx.

Gary

Comment

If you’ve got cell service at your house, I’d cut it. That’s the only reason we have a land line, and I wish we didn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    We need to as well. Only use it gets is the harrassment callers. We have kept it because if you have an emergency and dial 911 they will come to the right house even if you die/pass out, etx.

Gary
                    We have a alarm system that is connected to our cells when in range and it has a panic button, both alert 911 via cell and fiber optic line

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                      We have a alarm system that is connected to our cells when in range and it has a panic button, both alert 911 via cell and fiber optic line
                      No alarm system here. If I got one it wouldn't be connected to a service. Just noise to wake me.
                      The rest is up to me.

Gary

Comment

People still have land lines!?

Comment

no land line for years... cells only and directv ... if I could get faster internet in the woods I would cut that too .

Comment

All your true friends are on Facebook anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                              Cut mine off years ago, I had three back to back marketing calls
                              1. State trooper club
                              2. Warriors benefit fund
                              3. 1000 club

All called multiple times in a day so I hooked up the fax machine
                              To zero results in stopping them
                              Dang Trooper club is relentless....

Comment

Working...
                              X