Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get rid of stickers (north Texas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's time to bump this thread and remind those fighting sand burrs that it getting time to start applying the pre emergent.

Comment

Weather is weird and hope they don’t start before April as that’s when Ag extension suggest first application in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Triple 13 and pure nitrogen pellets put out in jan feb. We have pure sand it takes time but will get rid of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
          Just rereading this thread and your comment brought back a memory. About 8-10 years ago we were living in town and my yard was full of weeds around February or March, before the grass started growing. I sprayed my entire "green" yard with Roundup. Of course, it all died and turned brown and stayed that way for about 6-8 weeks. A friend and neighbor (about 75 years old) was giving me a hard time about how bad it looked while everyone else had these green yards of weeds they were mowing. When it warmed up enough that the Bermuda started growing, he told me I had the most beautiful yard in the neighborhood. It did look bad for a while, I have to admit. It even looked good for a few years after that, but slowly the weeds took over again.
          I sprayed my whole yard with roundup mid January this year, and will likely do a follow-up spraying in February if weather will dry up a 7-10 days in a row. It will get rid of a lot of unwanted weeds, but you have to do it when the bermuda is dormant.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            I sprayed my whole yard with roundup mid January this year, and will likely do a follow-up spraying in February if weather will dry up a 7-10 days in a row. It will get rid of a lot of unwanted weeds, but you have to do it when the bermuda is dormant.
            I did that when we lived in town, probably 10 years ago. Everyone else in our neighborhood had green yards of all weeds. Our yard was brown, with not a speck of green to be found. One old man, and friend, next door laughed and kidded me about the way my yard looked. About 2-3 months later the Bermuda took off growing and I had ther most beautiful lawn in there entire neighborhood!
            It will likely be around March 10th before I would be able to spray it this year, would that be too late? I've got about 4 acres to spray, so I need to buy a tow behind sprayer with boom arms.
            Would spraying with Roundup eliminate the need for a pre emergent for sand burrs?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Would spraying there entire yard with Roundup eliminate the need for a pre emergent for sand burrs?

Comment

b
                Would spraying there entire yard with Roundup eliminate the need for a pre emergent for sand burrs?

I don’t think it will get the weeds that haven’t emerged.

Comment

It will not.

We took the advise of local A&M agent and it worked for us.

Apply XL2G pre emergent quarterly for 7 years(lifespan of seeds in ground).

It worked.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                    TruGreen got rid of my parents
                    Oh, hell.

Comment

Lime lime lime
                      Fertilizer
                      MSMA
                      LIME!

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                        Lime lime lime
                        Fertilizer
                        MSMA
                        LIME!

So do you think lime might help?

Comment

Once you kill everything. Burn it or you will have those sharp dry sandbars. I’d then water and repeat process. Then come in with grass. This is how I finally won the war

Comment

Msma...

Comment

Working...
                            X