Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
    My antenna is free had it almost 40y...Get 40ish channels FREE
    And you get to watch Joe Namath selling you Medicaid and Tom Select swearing the reverse mortgage is not a scam to take your house.

I know because thats what I have...

And Car Shield LOL

Comment

When you live where I do you have no options. It's satellite on both. Yes I can get an antenna but still have to pay out the butt for satellite internet thats crappy at the best and probably can't watch netflix at the end of the billing cycle because your out of data and slowed down.

Comment

We are trying get away from dish. They took off our local Fox channel and we had to stream the Superbowl through our phone. They took off HBO which I didn't watch but my wife did. Paying $155/month for service. We can't get reliable internet in our town so I'm not sure what to do.
        One thing I have thought of that needs some more research is using my cell phone for TV. We have Samsung phones and Samsung TV that link up. I thought about adding another phone line to use strictly for streaming TV. Verizon only allows 10gb of 4G speeds on a hotspot but our phones are unlimited 4G speeds. I'm still trying to feel out that option. All I know is we are over dish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark116 View Post
          When you live where I do you have no options. It's satellite on both. Yes I can get an antenna but still have to pay out the butt for satellite internet thats crappy at the best and probably can't watch netflix at the end of the billing cycle because your out of data and slowed down.
          We are in the same boat. Our only options for internet is cellular or satellite. We have a company called Resound that has a tower 7 miles from our town but we can't get them to point a signal our direction. ATT has a DSL line but they are not allowing new customers and its to slow to stream TV anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
            YouTube TV here. Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Yep, this, cut the cord on Direct TV a few months back, $50 a month now and can drop anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
              We are trying get away from dish. They took off our local Fox channel and we had to stream the Superbowl through our phone. They took off HBO which I didn't watch but my wife did. Paying $155/month for service. We can't get reliable internet in our town so I'm not sure what to do.

One thing I have thought of that needs some more research is using my cell phone for TV. We have Samsung phones and Samsung TV that link up. I thought about adding another phone line to use strictly for streaming TV. Verizon only allows 10gb of 4G speeds on a hotspot but our phones are unlimited 4G speeds. I'm still trying to feel out that option. All I know is we are over dish.
              At the lease I us a Chromecast to mirror my phone to the TV. That keeps me from using my Mobile Hotspot Data.

I have AT&T and Direct TV so I get Direct TV now free.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

I called Direct TV this AM. I was cordial with the guy. I no Todd him I'm irritated and why with Direct TV. I told him what my bill yet to be and what it is now. I also told him I can get fiber internet at the house and pay for Netflix and Hulu for $100/Month. That's my threshold. If you can't get close I'm calling my account.

He said some of my promotions had expired. DUH!!

He found a couple and applied them to my account. Getting the bill back stem to what I was paying. ONLY took 45 minutes

I'm cautiously optimistic about it being reduce back to $125/ month.
                It went up $65 yet he only found a $25 promo....... I hope it's back to where it was. I really really really don't feel like learning the wife how to use the internet to stream to the TV .

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

Bill hit my account today and my suddenlink went up again...called, griped, cancelled nfl network/sports package and they upgraded my internet so now im at 1 gig unlimited internet, cable w/ 2 cable boxes for $139

...not sure what my cable package is but its like the most popular, not the most basic

Comment

I called today and spoke with the Suddenlink retention department after I told the first person I wanted to cancel my service. Long story short, my bill was going to be $253 after the price increase. It is now going to be $178 plus tax, with no changes to my service. Still high, but I can live with that.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm paying $118 a month with Suddenlink with their Altice box

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                        I'm paying $118 a month with Suddenlink with their Altice box
                        I've heard a lot of complaints about there Altice box. Have you had any problems with yours?

Comment

Cord cutting is a myth if you still pay for internet. Not to mention, some of you guys out in the sticks just have a lack of options. The providers know this.

I hated Comcast (xfinity) for years; but they have actually gotten a lot better. 2 year contracts, no price increases for the full contract, better service, etc. I know, it's crazy to say that, but it's true. Believe me, we dropped them for over a 2 years and came back.

We currently are paying $165 monthly (around $180 after taxes, fees, etc.)
                          - High speed internet (400 + mps)
                          - Alarm monitoring
                          - Tier 2 cable package including all ESPN channels, HBO, etc.
                          - 2 DVR's

The Internet and alarm monitoring as stand-alone services from other providers would be $100. Heck, you can do an xfinity 2 bundle package for internet/TV and drop to the lowest cable tier for like $110 monthly. It seems even a lot of the cord cutters here are paying $100-150 for the combination of internet and other streaming services.

Again, it sounds like crazy talk, but if you are in an xfinity service area, you may want to reconsider. I'm sure you can reconfigure other slightly cheaper options to stay away from cable, but for me, the idea of having one bundled service provider as compared to multiple stand-alone providers is worth a few dollars extra as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            You streamer guys have to include your HSD cost.

As with phones it's crazy how they offer new customers great prices but longtime customers get the shaft.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            Shut it off for a month then sign back up. Was told this by a guy that worked for the company. Or I have direct tv, I just told them I wanted to cancel. They eventually got down to where I wanted it to be so I stayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                              I've heard a lot of complaints about there Altice box. Have you had any problems with yours?

It is pretty slow when it comes to changing channels/fast forward and rewinding has a delay when you press play, but other than that I haven’t had any issues. I don’t mind it that much since I don’t watch a lot of tv.
                              My internet has had trouble once, all it took was a restart of the box and it was back up and running

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                                How far away are the stations you are able to get with the antenna?

63 miles, getting 80 total including sub channels with an 80 mile Channel Master flat looking antenna.

Just got them all changed over and calling Direct in the morning after receiving
                                a $195 bill today.

Comment

Working...
                                X