No announcement yet.

ground venison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using the deer meat/brisket combo for hamburger for a long time. I usually
    go 50/50 and add 10% beef fat to hold it together. We don't buy hamburger from the
    store!

Comment

I buy whole briskets through out the year for grinding. I catch them around 99 cents a pound and grind fat and all with deer meat at 50-50, been doing it for years.

Comment

Originally posted by GARR View Post
        we went about 70/30 on the disket as we call it, 70 being venison. seems to make it hold together real well and taste excellent, i think you could get away with any ratio you want on the disket. usually i'm not big on tainting the sacred venison with anything, but a friend talked me into this and it is GOOD!! i think he's gonna try the bacon recipe next, i'll report back after some taste testing. hard job but somebodys got to do it.

I do about a 70/30 split as well and really like it. Just enough to keep it together but not too much to overpower anything or leave alot of grease in the pan.

Comment

exactly what deerplanter said.. been doing that for 14 years now.. we are always "volunteered" to bring the patties to any hamburger outing with the family..

Comment

50/50 brisket and venison

Comment

70/30 Deer/Beef good burger meat, love the bacon/deer burger to, I use about a pound of bacon to 7 pounds of deer, good stuff on the grill

Comment

so what kind of grinder do you guys prefer? Old fashioned hand powered or electric?

Comment

For super bowl I made venison/beef/bacon burgers. One pound of beef, pound of venison, one package of bacon, ran it through the grinder.

It was some kind of good!!

Comment

gotta say electric, too lazy to hand crank that much meat!

Comment

ground venison

Originally posted by ankle-deep View Post
                      50/50 brisket and venison
                      Try it spaghetti sauce next time it is awesome.

Comment

I do all my own grinding and have tryed a lot of asorted mixtures. For my GM, I use 5% beef fat for some and 6# of bacon to 20# deer. My sausage I mix 60% deer/40% pork. I use Leggs "Old Plantation" sausage seasoning. Try using some fresh sausage in your spaghetti, it's really good.

Comment

never tried either, but both sound great. thanks.

Comment

its dang gooooooooood

Comment

Never tried the brisket, but this last batch we mixed about 10% beef fat to add a little flavor and hold the hamburger together better. It was a real hit. Still fairly lean, but much easier to cook and eat. Next time ill probably go a little more fat, who am I kidding?? I dont eat healthy very often anyway.

Comment

we had some Nilgai and brisket ground it up and it was some of the best burgers I have had. we did 50/50.

Comment

Working...
                                X