Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Court Justice Lays Out Plan To Eliminate The 2nd Amendment.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supreme Court Justice Lays Out Plan To Eliminate The 2nd Amendment.................

John Paul Stevens: Repeal the Second Amendment

Rarely in my lifetime have I seen the type of civic engagement schoolchildren and their supporters demonstrated in Washington and other major cities throughout the country this past Saturday. These demonstrations demand our respect. They reveal the broad public support for legislation to minimize the risk of mass killings of schoolchildren and others in our society.

That support is a clear sign to lawmakers to enact legislation prohibiting civilian ownership of semiautomatic weapons, increasing the minimum age to buy a gun from 18 to 21 years old, and establishing more comprehensive background checks on all purchasers of firearms. But the demonstrators should seek more effective and more lasting reform. They should demand a repeal of the Second Amendment.

Concern that a national standing army might pose a threat to the security of the separate states led to the adoption of that amendment, which provides that “a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” Today that concern is a relic of the 18th century.

For over 200 years after the adoption of the Second Amendment, it was uniformly understood as not placing any limit on either federal or state authority to enact gun control legislation. In 1939 the Supreme Court unanimously held that Congress could prohibit the possession of a sawed-off shotgun because that weapon had no reasonable relation to the preservation or efficiency of a “well regulated militia.”

While I have no issue with reasonable weapons kept in the house for self defense or hunting, I agree with Justice Stevens. The second..............
    Read Story Here

Fake News.

Bro, reading is fundamental. Stevens is RETIRED. He is not a Supreme Court Justice.
    Last edited by 35remington; 03-27-2018, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      Fake News.

Bro, reading is fundamental. Stevens is RETIRED. He is not a Supreme Court Justice.
      Does not change the fact that he is pushing for it. The whole left is.

Comment

This article calls him ex scotus. What did we expect from him.
        Imagine if Gorsuch didn't get on? Whew...WE ain't out of the woods yet.

A retired Supreme Court justice believes the March for Our Lives protesters, who want lawmakers to enact limited reforms to the nation’s gun laws, are aiming too low.

Comment

My understanding is this isn't the first time, or the last, someone from the supreme court will be anti gun.

He is retired. I don't really care what he thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            My understanding is this isn't the first time, or the last, someone from the supreme court will be anti gun.

He is retired. I don't really care what he thinks.
            x2

Comment

"Nobody wants to take your guns,we just need common sense gun laws"

DJ

Comment

the old farts in his 90`s he probley cant remember his name sometimes or when he shxxs himself !! this is just another poor attempt by the bias liberal media and the left agenda !!

Comment

At least he is saying do it by repealing the 2nd Amendment. That's the right way to do it. I wouldn't like it and would do all I could to stop it but, at least it would be legal. Unlike all these other gun grabbers who say "we don't want to take your guns". B.S.

I love how he says it was totally unreasonable to interpret the 2nd amendment as an individual right. Every other right in the Bill of Rights is about the rights of the individual but somehow, we are supposed to believe they meant for this one to be a collective right?

These are the same knuckleheads who could find the right to kill an unborn child buried inside the Constitution but aren't creative enough to see how the 2nd was/is intended to protect the People from an overreaching government.
                  Last edited by Rush2Judge; 03-27-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                    Does not change the fact that he is pushing for it. The whole left is.
                    The fact that he is NOT ACTUALLY A SUPREME COURT JUSTICE doesn't change the weight of his argument? You are out of your mind. He's just a retired dude with time to kill.

Point me to ONE other instance where a retired USSC justice swayed the entire sitting court to his whims.

I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                      At least he is saying do it by repealing the 2nd Amendment. That's the right way to do it. I wouldn't like it and would do all I could to stop it but, at least it would be legal. Unlike all these other gun grabbers who say "we don't want to take your guns". B.S.

I love how he says it was totally unreasonable to interpret the 2nd amendment as an individual right. Every other right in the Bill of Rights is about the rights of the individual but somehow, we are supposed to believe they meant for this one to be a collective right?

These are the same knuckleheads who could find the right to kill an unborn child buried inside the Constitution but aren't creative enough to see how the 2nd was/is intended to protect the People from an overreaching government.
                      Yes sir...very well said...

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        The fact that he is NOT ACTUALLY A SUPREME COURT JUSTICE doesn't change the weight of his argument? You are out of your mind. He's just a retired dude with time to kill.

Point me to ONE other instance where a retired USSC justice swayed the entire sitting court to his whims.

I'll wait.
                        Only Liberal Justices do this. The left is pushing the repeal movement.

Comment

See what senility does to you?

Comment

Originally posted by breadman View Post
                            the old farts in his 90`s he probley cant remember his name sometimes or when he shxxs himself !! this is just another poor attempt by the bias liberal media and the left agenda !!
                            Beat me to it. I'm sure a 97 year old came up with that.

Comment

I see relevance in this in that this is the actual result the left is looking for,PERIOD.

DJ

Comment

Working...
                              X