Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jruss View Post
    Has Ben dropped out yet?
    He said last night he won't drop out until his supporters stop sending him money and God tells him to.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
      That goes against what all the polls have said and I agree. A large portion of Rubio's backers have said they would move to Cruz. A huge amount of Cruz voters have said they would move to Trump before Rubio. It's time for Rubio to get out but I'm starting to think he believes that if they can split the delegates enough to not have to give Trump the nomination, they will find some way to give it to him.
      Heard that this morning as well.

A brokered convention would not hand Trump a victory. If everyone thinks the GOP hates, Cruz, theyd rather slit their wrists than deal with Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
        Heard that this morning as well.

A brokered convention would not hand Trump a victory. If everyone thinks the GOP hates, Cruz, theyd rather slit their wrists than deal with Trump.
        If the gop goes against the will of their constuants if Trump falls a little short, that would be just as bad for the gop as Trump would be. They are definitely in a bad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post
          If the gop goes against the will of their constuants if Trump falls a little short, that would be just as bad for the gop as Trump would be. They are definitely in a bad situation.
          You just nailed it. I'm afraid if the GOP continues the path it looks like they are going down today - destroy Trump at all costs and without corresponding efforts to address what his supporters are clamoring for - we are a doomed party.

The other thing people are missing is that Wall Street already owns HRC. So the establishment GOP is going to get even weaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post
            U got it sir!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              [ATTACH]778005[/ATTACH]
              You said it Bro! Beyond all recognition!

The GOP not being able to align and wasting their time bickering amongst themselves for so long has left the door open for HRC to pick up the pieces.

I got a bad feeling on this one gents!!

Comment

There is no reason for Rubio or Cruz to get out. At least not until after the Florida primary. If Rubio loses there, he will certainly be under a lot of pressure to pull the plug. Cruz would probably have to make him a deal to appoint him as VP or Sec. of State but I think he would do that. On the other hand, if Rubio wins Florida he will continue and a brokered convention seems more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by treestand View Post
                  There is no reason for Rubio or Cruz to get out. At least not until after the Florida primary. If Rubio loses there, he will certainly be under a lot of pressure to pull the plug. Cruz would probably have to make him a deal to appoint him as VP or Sec. of State but I think he would do that. On the other hand, if Rubio wins Florida he will continue and a brokered convention seems more likely.
                  The best chance to stop Trump would be for Rubio and all the others to drop out today and for Cruz to go ahead and name Rubio as his intended running mate. That would put all of the non-Trump vote in one place, and that would likely mean Trump's defeat.

If Rubio and Kasich keep going until they get to their home states' primaries on the 15th (which they will), then it will be more difficult to get everybody behind Cruz after that and still have enough states left to beat Trump. Might still be possible, but way less likely to work.

If everybody but the top 3 drops out and those 3 stay in all the way to the convention, then it's pretty likely that it will be a contested convention. If that happens, it's doubtful that Trump will emerge from the war zone with the nomination. He'll then go independent and torpedo the GOP out of spite.

If Trump gets more than 1,237 delegates in the primaries, then the GOP bosses could try to change the rules after the game is over and nominate somebody else anyway, but that would be horribly wrong. It would kill the party for good (no huge loss, I guess). Trump would go independent and torpedo their chances anyway.

The GOP bosses hate Cruz, but they need to rally behind him NOW if they want to beat Trump. That's the only way they can beat Trump AND Hillary. Even Lindsey Graham said so in an interview this morning. He came out in favor of Rubio and Kasich dropping out and everybody getting behind Cruz. It killed him to admit it, but at least he admitted it.

That said, even if the rest of the party got behind Cruz and he went on to win enough delegates to get the nomination, I would be shocked if Trump didn't run independent anyway. The only way he won't run independent is if he gets the GOP nomination.
                  Last edited by Shane; 03-02-2016, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                    Or vice versa. Cruz/rubio or rubio/cruz would stomp the trump/christie ticket
                    Christie is trump's VP??!?!?! was that posted?

I know Christie is looking like Trump's lapdog right now...but not sure Trump would pick him

Comment

This **** aint new.
                      Rubio loses homestate - Rubio votes to Cruz.
                      Kasich Votes ..to cruz
                      Carson votes (hes hangin in to make himself available for a admin job)...to cruz

Trump's wallet is in the voters and supporters he's had since he first awed them with his sales pitch... he hasn't garnered any new ones.
                      Cruz's wallet is his own, rubios, carsons, Kasich's, and the voters that up to this point were undecided.
                      Far from over..

What I did find absolutely hilarious was watching Christis sucking *** next to Trump last night... it brought back images of him giving at speech AS A REPUBLICAN at a DNC even for OBAMA.... lookin for the handouts and favors...
                      That leopard didn't change its spots either...

Comment

As of about 1 hour ago

Click image for larger version

Name:	count.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	24433061

Comment

Time for people to do the right thing.
                          Probably won't happen with these jack wagons that ain't got a chance anyway.
                          A Cruz/ Rubio ticket would more than level the playing field.
                          Cruz would kill Hillary in the general election debates. I feel he would not pull any punches at all.
                          Anything can happen is all we can hope for.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                            As of about 1 hour ago

[ATTACH]778022[/ATTACH]
                            Looks like the winner take all states could help Cruz a lot especially if the others do the right thing

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                              Looks like the winner take all states could help Cruz a lot especially if the others do the right thing
                              They'll help whoever wins them.

I don't know the rules in those states. Does the candidate with the most votes automatically win, or does a candidate have to get at least 50% in order to win? If a majority of votes is required, then they'll have runoffs between the top 2, I assume. ??

If a plurality is all that's required, Trump will probably get lots of those states. If a majority is required, and that means a runoff between the top 2, then that should favor Cruz.

Comment

By far, this has been the most satisfying result of Super Tuesday coverage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	d down.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	24433067

Comment

Working...
                                X