CNN GOP Debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
    i think they will just price fix and it won't save money at all.

no, the insurance companies are not losing money...

Might want to tell Rubio... Or did he lie trying to blast one on Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by JGreen31 View Post
      Might want to tell Rubio... Or did he lie trying to blast one on Trump?
      they all lie...

dems and repubs...

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        The drawback of individual policies rather than group policies is that you'd lose some of the bargaining power that you can get with a large group. So that might cancel out the interstate competition advantage. But it would at least solve the problem of losing your insurance if you leave your employer.

There is no perfect or easy fix to the healthcare cost problem. That is the only thing that is certain.

So none on stage have an effective plan... That I would agree on.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
          they all lie...

dems and repubs...

That they do!!!!

Comment

You said "if" we did that in other insurances.... We aren't doing that now!

Why would you play on words like "if" we did anything?
            Hypothetical much?
            I was explaining how insurance works, using examples of how Trump's ideas for health insurance would work if his ideas were applied to other forms of insurance. Of course we're not doing it that way already. It would be unworkable.

Dang, man. Are you so hungry to argue that you can't recognize an analogy rather than taking it literally?

Comment

So none on stage have an effective plan... That I would agree on.
              Carson and Cruz have talked about portability and competition and health savings accounts. All of those are great ideas that would be a huge improvement over Obamacare. But there isn't any way to design a perfect health insurance system.

Comment

Oh snap! The Don just told Rubio!

Comment

Carson and Cruz have talked about portability and competition and health savings accounts. All of those are great ideas that would be a huge improvement over Obamacare. But there isn't any way to design a perfect health insurance system.
                  Why not? Just have to try harder!

Comment

Under The Donald, we gonna be buying land in Palestine!!!

Comment

Trump's obvious lack of understanding of how insurance works is comical. He wants to force insurance companies to cover treatment for preexisting conditions, and he wants to get rid of the individual mandate that would require everybody to buy insurance.

In plain English, if we did the same thing in every other kind of insurance we would be able to not ever pay any insurance premiums until the day after a disaster struck, and then we'd be able to go buy a policy and expect a big check from the insurance company. If insurance companies in all types of insurance were required to pay for preexisting conditions while people were not required to buy insurance, then we could wait until after our house burned down and then go pay one month's premium for a policy and get a check for a new house. We could wait until after we wrecked our car and then go down and write a one month premium check and file a claim for the wrecked car. We could not buy life insurance during our lifetimes, and then after we die, our families could go pay a month's worth of premium for a million dollar life insurance policy on our lives and then file a claim for our death and get a check.

If you require insurance to pay for preexisting conditions, the only way the insurance company can remain in business is for everyone to be required to pay premiums, whether they want to or not. And if insurance has to pay for preexisting conditions, the premiums will have to be higher in order to cover the higher costs. That is the main reason for the massive increases in health insurance premiums since Obamacare was passed.

But with Trumpcare, where preexisting conditions would still be covered but there would be no individual mandate to require us to buy insurance, none of us would buy a policy until after we had a major illness or injury. But actually the insurance companies would all be out of business. They wouldn't be foolish enough to stay in that business. "Erasing the lines around the states" won't help one single bit with that type of system, and Trump is a fool for thinking it would. It's laughable.
                      Sorry Shane, but you sound like you don't understand preexisting conditions, or you are just simplifying what the words sound like they mean. Ask someone with a preexisting condition who couldn't get insurance, no matter what they could afford to pay.

Comment

If we could put a man on the moon with bailing wire, tin foil, and some car batteries, we can solve the health care problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          Sorry Shane, but you sound like you don't understand preexisting conditions, or you are just simplifying what the words sound like they mean. Ask someone with a preexisting condition who couldn't get insurance, no matter what they could afford to pay.
                          I'm not saying that people with preexisting health conditions are bad or should be left to die. The moral/human aspect of that situation is obviously huge. My father-in-law spends about 6 months out of every year (for the last 20+ years) in the hospital due to a preexisting condition. He and my mother-in-law are wiped out financially. My wife and I have helped and continue to help them financially as well as in every other way you can think of. I can assure you I have a full and complete understanding of what it means for a person to have a preexisting condition.

What I am explaining is how insurance works. Insurance is math. Math doesn't know the difference between right and wrong, good or bad. Math is just math. Don't mistake my explanation of how insurance works for an uncaring attitude.

This is why the health insurance problem is not ever going to be completely fixed in a perfect way. You can't design a system that can provide excellent care for everybody, regardless of whether they are healthy or chronically sick, and have it sustainable and affordable for everybody. It's impossible. We'll always be looking for ways to provide care for people who need it the most without bankrupting everybody else in the process.
                          Last edited by Shane; 02-25-2016, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post

I'm seeing it first hand down here at the office. One of my work mates was a contractor paying almost 2000 per month with 10000 annual deductible.

His wife was diagnosed with cancer and she has been battling her *** off to win the fight.

He is a great worker and earned the right to hire on for our company with a significant raise and great healthcare insurance.

He was ready to turn down the job until he realized that our company insurance covers pre-existing conditions.

How bad of an all around situation would it have been if he couldn't have taken the job or if he did, his wife doesn't live?

Comment

Originally posted by Be10dwn View Post
                              If we could put a man on the moon with bailing wire, tin foil, and some car batteries, we can solve the health care problem!
                              Not with politicians involved...no way.

Comment

LOL.... Ha gotta love Carson!!! "Can somebody attack me please"

Comment

Working...
                                X