Deer minerals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer minerals

Do y'all like to mix yalls minerals with your protein feed or keep it separate?
    We feed antlermax 20% and was wandering if the below mineral would be okay to mix with protein or just put it in its own separate tube like below?

Pour mineral on the ground near feeding areas. The deer will find it and will make a nattural lick out of it. They will dig and paw the ground and make holes trying to get it out. A good , high quality cattle mineral will work just as well as the high priced "deer minerals".

Comment

Originally posted by Bodey View Post
      Pour mineral on the ground near feeding areas. The deer will find it and will make a nattural lick out of it. They will dig and paw the ground and make holes trying to get it out. A good , high quality cattle mineral will work just as well as the high priced "deer minerals".
      Thx
      I use the method u stated also but was wanting to put mineral at a feeding station so that the deer might eat more of it. Mineral by itself in a container or mineral with protein?

Comment

Mineral by itself. They will eat it when they need it.

That feeder is nice but how much is it? Bet it is like $200-250

Comment

I'll bet they will eat more off the ground than they will from a feeder. It feels more natural and safe to them and they seem to enjoy pawing and licking it out of the dirt.

Comment

What would be a good dose of minerals to throw out there? Dad already has corn feeder, protein feed, and chunks out some alfalfa every so often. Drought in hill country making the browse a little tougher on the critters.

Comment

Your feed already contains minerals. Feed separately. I have found deer hardly use my mineral sites when they are using my feeders with free choice pellets probably because most of their requirements are met.
              Also make sure it's near a good water source

Comment

Here is what I used the last time. Need to get some more

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                  Here is what I used the last time. Need to get some more

I made a homemade mixture like this(200lbs) with dry molasses on top and they have not really dug down to get it.

I cleared a 4x5 foot area and cleared all vegetation and sprinkled corn on top. This was 3-4 months ago. I do have some pics of deer at it but no pawing from the deer or heavy use.

Comment

Working...
                  X