Cactus Creek Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cactus Creek Ranch

Already tried searching but didn't find much. Has anyone been there recently? Good things, bad things?

What about stxbowhunting ????

Comment

Ttt

Comment

pm sent, great ranch and amazing quality animals.

Comment

Thanks.

Anyone else?

Comment

Does any one know the size of the ranch? Thanks. Mike.

Comment

I believe it is 350 acres, if not a little bit more.

Comment

Comment

Guides!!

Originally posted by Boomstick View Post
                  Need a question answered about this ranch. Do you have too have a guide with you or can you hunt it by yourself?

Mudbone

Comment

I have been Catcus Creek about a dozen times over the last 3 or 4 years. You do not have to have a guide, however if you want one, you can get one. I never use a guide.

The exotic place is pretty small, but it is very thick. It is covered with pigs. If you go there for a weekend, you should have several chances at pigs.

Bob always has at least a few nice exotics, and sometimes more. Like most of the small, high fenced places, they put and take exotics all the time. I was there last weekend and saw decent fallow, nice blackbucks, ostrich, bision, sheep, goats, axis (shed already). I know he has red deer on there as well.

He also has a whitetail high fenced trophy hunting place. This is guided, as the prices are market for these big deer and you would not want to make a mistake. The bucks in there go from 140 inches and up. There are normally a couple each year near the 200 mark, and some that will go over 170.

The cabin is not super nice, but he is building a new one (the pad is poured). The water has a sulpher smell that bothers some people, but I have stayed in much worse and don't mind it at all. He has the normal things you would expect, walk in cooler, skinning rack, etc

The feeders have tri-pods around them, but I take my own so I don't have to move his if the wind is wrong. You can throw up a pop up for pigs or sheep, but that won't work for the smarter exotics.

Any more questions. He doesn't advertise much, stays busy with repeat customers and word of mouth.

Fantastic place to take kids, beginners, or if you just want to kill a couple of hogs.

Comment

I will be there Sunday, and will being taking a High school group there in March. I am looking forward to it!!! If anyone will be there Sunday, be nice to meet fellow TBH'ers!

Comment

I am heading out on Friday, I hope I am done before Sunday but if I am still around it would be a pleasure to meet you. I will recongize you easily by your enormous deer head.

Comment

Looks like from picture on website that pigs won't be a problem

Comment

Hunted Christmas eve and Had a blast. Bob is a great guy, and the hogs are everywhere. I was all alone in the morning so Bob let me do a little spot and stock, I stuck a big sow and lost her after blood trail stopped. I hate loosing animals, but this ranch is great and I am headed back in March.

Comment

ive been there 3 times and had a great hunt everytime, i went in 1998 when it was run by someone else but it is alot better know

Comment

Working...
                              X