WestStar deer peas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WestStar deer peas

Has anybody tried these before? I just picked up 500lbs of these to try out in one of my feeders to see how the deer like it.
    will be the first time that i am feeding anything but corn in this spot so courious to see how it works out. This stand has 2 feeders at it so will be straight peas in one and then corn in the other.
    Attached Files

Let me know how those work out for ya. I've been wanting to try them.
    Also how much do they cost???

Comment

Will be going back up to the lease in about 2 weeks to check the camera and see how often and hard they have been hitting them.

I got them for 10.00 a bag, not the cheapest but was at a feed store that is close to the house.

Comment

There was a TBHer that had good luck with peas and if I could get them I would but the closest place is Jacksburo... I ended up throwing Golden Deer Nuggets and have great luck..

Post up how the peas do.. I bet they do great!

Comment

Well i had the peas in the feeder for just over 3 weeks now. I have not seen anymore deer on the camera coming in that i had when i was just throwing out corn but the hogs seem to love them!
          Since march of this year i have not had more than 2 or 3 hogs hitting my feeder and never were they at the same time. Well since i have had the peas in the feeder i had over 1900 pics in 3 weeks and 99.9% of them are hogs, and not just 1 or 2 but 15 and 16 at a time. heck i even now have them sleeping under my feeder at 2:30 waiting there for it to go off. Going to have to thin them out big time so that the deer have a chance to get in there and eat some.
          Attached Files

Comment

Wow... Nothing will make you more frustrated than that! Looks like you either need to start hunting or get a trap.. Pigs will push your deer off and right before deer season thats no good..

Comment

I actually just filled one of the feeders on our Llano place with the peas last week. Not sure how they will do but will be checking camera this weekend. Seems like they were around $11 a bag here in Georgetown.

Comment

Working...
              X