Chicken sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken sausage

Anyone have a good chicken sausage recipe ??
    I was at a cookoff yesterday and had some. Man it was good.

Ive never seen a chicken sausage recipe that I can remember. I saw some in a store a while back and threw some on the smoker. It was actually very good and a lot healthier too. Id buy it again, but I havnt seen it since. I guess it wasnt a big seller.

Comment

I talked to the cookoff crew and discovered that they got the sausage from a meat market east or southeast of San Antonio. I now need to get the address.

Comment

try this on for size ...

ground chicken or turkey breasts

pineapple chunks

jalapeno peppers

smoked gouda cheese

and your favorite sausage seasoning mix (Ragin Blaze , hint , hint )

Comment

I had a sausage the other day that was stuffed with Chicken Fajita meat, rough chopped. Man, it was super good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
            try this on for size ...

pineapple chunks

jalapeno peppers

smoked gouda cheese

Bourqes in Port Barre makes this minus the gouda. It is amazing. They sell a botle of Hawaiian sauce with it to baste it with, talk about good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              try this on for size ...

pineapple chunks

jalapeno peppers

smoked gouda cheese

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
              I had a sausage the other day that was stuffed with Chicken Fajita meat, rough chopped. Man, it was super good.
              2 professional opinions...

Comment

Chicken sausage

Search Mesquite Country Sausage Recipe in this forum. I have two excel sheets ready to go. The flavored sausage sheet has some flavored chicken sausage recipes.

Comment

Chicken sausage

You want to use all thighs, chicken or turkey. I prefer boneless skin on thigh meat. You need the fat to make the sausage not come out dry. Breast by them self will not have enough fat to make a good juicy sausage. Skin on thighs will be around 13% fat. If you want to make it leaner you can do 50/50 skin on thigh and skinless breast or skinless thigh, or skin on thigh.

Comment

Working...
                  X