**WARNING** (for E. Texas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**WARNING** (for E. Texas)

For those with summer plots out be on the look out for the army worms. I cut nearly 40 ac of hay today that was solid with them, and have another 40 on the south side of Quitman to cut tomorrow that is solid with them. Soooo check your plots and spray if needed.

Its that time of the year, thanks for the warning

Comment

Uh, I hate those little beggars!!!

Comment

They don't hit here till Mid Sept. Did not think they could handle this heat???

Comment

Me either. Heard some locals at the parts place talking about them, but didn't think they could handle the heat either. This is the earliest I can remember having problems with them. It's usually my fall plots, and winter pastures that are in danger late Sept. thru mid Oct.

Comment

I don't mean to hijack. What is the going cost to have hay cut and rolled?any help would be great.

Comment

getting hay cut and baled is around $24 to $28 ea.

Comment

We custom bale a full 5X6 with string= $30, Most 4x people I know are getting around $25

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I noticed that too, opened the back door to look at deer last Thurs morning and closed it back real quick, looked down and the door had brought in 10 of them. Looked at the back porch and it was crawling with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X