Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George P Bush....gonna have a hard time voting for this dude.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Bush is going to do something for yalls benefit? Are y’all ****ing new here or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ray McGaughey View Post
      Here's an email that Jerry Patterson sent to me (and many others).

Dear Ray,

The fact that all four of Commissioner Bush’s past primary opponents from the 2018 and 2014 Republican primaries—Jerry Patterson, Rick Range, Davey Edwards, and David Watts—refuse to vote for him in the general election should get the attention of Republican voters. Rick Range and I have endorsed his Democratic opponent, oil & gas attorney Miguel Suazo.

We are concerned about Bush’s management of the Alamo. Bush oversees the Alamo with nonprofit entities that are exempt from public scrutiny. Shouldn’t the public have the right to know how the $450 million of planned expenditures will be spent? Bush is negotiating an agreement with the City of San Antonio with an initial draft provision to allow the city to “monitor compliance” of the Alamo with UNESCO world heritage site requirements— requirements that currently don’t exist. He precipitated a disastrous lawsuit with the Daughters of the Republic of Texas—which he lost on all counts—and was required by the court to pay the DRT’s legal fees—$200,000 of our tax money. He has already signed an agreement with the City of San Antonio that would remove the Cenotaph—a memorial to the Texians and Tejanos who died there defending liberty—from the Alamo grounds. That’s a direct violation of the plank passed at this year’s Texas Republican Party Convention mandating that the Cenotaph not be moved. I might also add that In September 2017, the State Republican Executive Committee effectively censured and condemned Bush’s management of the Alamo by a vote of 57-1.

A recent poll of over 1000 voters had Bush at 41 percent, Suazo at 36 percent, Libertarian Matt Piña at 13 percent and undecided at 10 percent. The only person who can beat Bush is the Democrat. There is no runoff in general elections; the candidate with the most votes wins. Those of you who are considering voting for the Libertarian candidate are wasting your vote. Matt Piña needs 28 percent to catch Bush, and Suazo only needs 5 percent.

So what is Miguel Suazo’s position on the Alamo? Please view the recent News 8 Austin TV interview and hear from the candidate himself.

If you’re concerned about voting for a Democrat because of issues other than the Alamo, keep in mind being Texas Land Commissioner has nothing to do with any of the core issues associated with the National Democratic Party. Instead, you’ll find addressed in Suazo’s platform the responsibilities of the Texas General Land Office and specifically, the Alamo. Suazo’s Alamo plan is closer to the Texas Republican party platform than Bush’s actions to date.

I understand that the recent confirmation of Justice Kavanaugh and the Democratic lies, juvenile antics, and out-of-control asinine protests make voting for a Democrat difficult, but this is about the Alamo. We have one chance remaining to do the right thing. This November 6th please vote for Miguel Suazo for Texas Land Commissioner.

Semper Fi and God Bless Texas!

Former Texas Senator, former Texas Land Commissioner
      LtCol USMCR ret
      Eye-opening letter for sure!

Comment

from what I've read over the last several months is that there is a warehouse full of Alamo artifacts that they want to exibit in a new museum that will be on the original grounds. That means they will need to take in the street and maybe some buildings to the river. However I still dont understand moving the cenotaph 500' south. I too have kin on that monument. the DRT loved the Alamo but were unable to raise the funds necessary to maintain the Alamo. I wish more help would have been given them. I do not see where Bush is trying to do any but enhance the Alamo.
        Last edited by huntmaster; 10-22-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

I'm voting libertarian for land and ag comissioner. The rest will be red.

No more Bushes, shrubs, or P sprouts.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
            from what I've read over the last several months is that there is a warehouse full of Alamo artifacts that they want to exibit in a new museum that will be on the original grounds. That means they will need to take in the street and maybe some buildings to the river. However I still dont understand moving the cenotaph 500' south. I too have kin on that monument. the DRT loved the Alamo but were unable to raise the funds necessary to maintain the Alamo. I wish more help would have been given them. I do not see where Bush is trying to do any but enhance the Alamo.
            I'd like to find out a little more about this group that George P started ( and is a board member on ) to take over this project of re-imaging the Alamo. There is a website that provides transparency....but you have to pay too access it.....hmmmmm

Comment

The DRT responded in kind with its own rhetorical curtsy:

While we regret our changing role in its daily management, it does not diminish our unending passion for the preservation of the Shrine of Texas Liberty, and we look forward to maintaining our library collection as a historical resource for all Texans to enjoy.

Behind these niceties, however, was plenty of bitterness. In fact, in retrospect, the DRT’s comment looks an awful lot like a veiled threat since less than a fortnight later the group announced that it was suing the GLO and Bush, claiming that the DRT “owns some 30,000 books, papers and artifacts at the Alamo that the state is unlawfully trying to take,” according to a San Antonio Express-News story from last week.

The Daughters of the Republic of Texas aren’t giving up the Alamo without a fight. This should surprise exactly no one.

Some history on the event. I am a member of the SRT and not a huge fan of the GLO myself.

Comment

Working...
              X