No announcement yet.

Ramcats vs. Slick Tricks ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot both, first st then ramcats.. i had great results w both but blood trails were easier for my dog to train on w ramcat

Comment

Ramcats hands down.

If you need a quiver that will hold 5 125 grain Ramcats with NO PROBLEM, order one from EW Bateman, a great TX company that has been doing business longer than most have been shooting a bow on this sight. They make a hip and or a bow quiver. Check them out!

Comment

Ive shot both. Love em both. I go with slick tricks - only because of quiver space.. I havent tried the new ramcats though

Comment

Good stuff. I’ve not had the described sound issues but maybe that’s a difference between the 100 and 125’s. Sounding like the ramcats could be up slightly on wound channel. Think I’m going to order some and give them a fling to compare. I know all too well about jumpy deer and finally took down a buck last year who jumped my string the year before. Thankfully I have a much quieter setup now with the Halon and picked up a bit more speed too.

Comment

Seen ramcats damaged in the box... Blades bent from falling off a chest high pegboard at my old work I can't imagine they could handle a bone strike much less a pass through and a hit on a rock.

Slick tricks all the way for me

Comment

Ramcats vs. Slick Tricks ... ?

For the ones having issues with the Ramcat’s not fitting in your quiver they have their own quiver that solves all the problems with not fitting correctly & no worries about blades hanging out of quiver hood & they hold 5 arrows easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                Seen ramcats damaged in the box... Blades bent from falling off a chest high pegboard at my old work I can't imagine they could handle a bone strike much less a pass through and a hit on a rock.

Slick tricks all the way for me
                Show me a head that is not damaged by hitting a rock!

Comment

Girlfriend is popping through 150lb hogs with vipertrick and 44lbs.

I shoot exodus.

Comment

I have killed with both. My preference is the slick trick. I have had the blades break inside the animal several times with ram cats.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckDogTrainer View Post
                      I have killed with both. My preference is the slick trick. I have had the blades break inside the animal several times with ram cats.
                      that's what I'm talking about...real world experience with both - thanks DDT!

Comment

I have used both here in the States and in Africa and both performed well, but I prefer the Ramcats because of the cutting diameter of the 125 grain and I have NEVER lost a blade in a quiver or an animal. I do not care if the blades bend or not after a shot as I have always replaced blades on every single replaceable blade head I have ever used. AND I have probably been shooting this head as long as anyone on this site, just saying.

I personally think that you will find people that have had a bad experience with probably any head that has ever been made.

How many of you have heard that someone lost an animal because of the broadhead when they cannot find the arrow, broadhead or animal?

Comment

Agreed^^^^^

I've been shooting them for 6 or 7 years and have never lost a blade.

Yes, you typically see one or two tips bend but it's just the very tip and like said above I replace the blades after every kill. My thought is, the BH is the most important piece of equipment we have. Blades are cheap in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                            Ive shot both. Love em both. I go with slick tricks - only because of quiver space.. I havent tried the new ramcats though
                            I've exclusively shot 100g Slick Trick Magnums for past 5 years. With dozens of kills, I only had one problem with the second blade in the ferrel breaking off at some point between firing arrow and landing in soil after a passthrough on a whitetail.

No intentions of changing for a whitetail, but that one blade caused me enough fear to go buy Iron Wills for my moose hunt last week and my upcoming elk hunt. Iron Wills outperform the slicktricks and any other broadheads I have shot. But then again, they are in a whole different price point and, in my opinion, are better served as an investment for a large game hunt.

Comment

Working...
                            X