Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supreme Court Justice Lays Out Plan To Eliminate The 2nd Amendment.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
    The fact that he is NOT ACTUALLY A SUPREME COURT JUSTICE doesn't change the weight of his argument? You are out of your mind. He's just a retired dude with time to kill.

Point me to ONE other instance where a retired USSC justice swayed the entire sitting court to his whims.

I'll wait.
    If he was "Just some retired dude" they wouldn't be interviewing him. As a retired SCJ his views help get listened to and covered by the media, when it suits them. He may notvsway the SC, but he is trying to sway a country full of snowflakes, who will be voting very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
      Does not change the fact that he is pushing for it. The whole left is.
      That would take basically a Convention of the States... and believe me, that is the last thing Congress wants.

hello term limits for starters... not to mention a dios legislating from the bench

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
        At least he is saying do it by repealing the 2nd Amendment. That's the right way to do it. I wouldn't like it and would do all I could to stop it but, at least it would be legal. Unlike all these other gun grabbers who say "we don't want to take your guns". B.S.

I love how he says it was totally unreasonable to interpret the 2nd amendment as an individual right. Every other right in the Bill of Rights is about the rights of the individual but somehow, we are supposed to believe they meant for this one to be a collective right?

These are the same knuckleheads who could find the right to kill an unborn child buried inside the Constitution but aren't creative enough to see how the 2nd was/is intended to protect the People from an overreaching government.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
          That would take basically a Convention of the States... and believe me, that is the last thing Congress wants.

hello term limits for starters... not to mention a dios legislating from the bench
          TRUTH!!!
          I will let others lose sleep on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post

Even with the convention of state 3/4 ratification would not happen.

I would support these 11

1. Impose Congressional term limits

2. Repeal the Seventeenth Amendment, returning the election of Senators to state legislatures

3.Impose term limits for Supreme Court Justices and restrict judicial review

4. Require a balanced budget and limit federal spending and taxation

5. Define a deadline to file taxes (one day before the next federal election)

6.Subject federal departments and bureaucratic regulations to periodic reauthorization and review

7.Create a more specific definition of the Commerce Clause

8.Limit eminent domain powers

9.Allow states to more easily amend the Constitution by bypassing Congress

10.Create a process where two-thirds of the states can nullify federal laws

11.Require photo ID to vote and limit early voting

Comment

Does not change the fact that he is pushing for it. The whole left is.
              just because he wants it don't mean squat; that's not how it works.
              and the process that it would take is not likely to happen anytime soon.

they can wish in one hand and s#!+ in the other... see which one fills up first.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                just because he wants it don't mean squat; that's not how it works.
                and the process that it would take is not likely to happen anytime soon.

they can wish in one hand and s#!+ in the other... see which one fills up first.
                And we used to say the same thing about the government forcing us to purchase a product from a company.........yet that happened.....Thanks Obama.

Comment

And we used to say the same thing about the government forcing us to purchase a product from a company.........yet that happened.....Thanks Obama.
                  To abolish an Amendment would take something even the Dumbocrats do not think would happen. A lot of Dumbocrats in the Red states are already backing off this insane idea. this would be an almost impossible task considering what it would take as far as votes in Congress and ratification by the states.
                  BUT, you can never say never in these day and times. me, not really worried and like Landrover said, I will let others loose sleep over this!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                    To abolish an Amendment would take something even the Dumbocrats do not think would happen. A lot of Dumbocrats in the Red states are already backing off this insane idea. this would be an almost impossible task considering what it would take as far as votes in Congress and ratification by the states.
                    BUT, you can never say never in these day and times. me, not really worried and like Landrover said, I will let others loose sleep over this!
                    No losing sleep. But I never underestimate the stupidity of the masses when driven by the media.

We have gone from 18% support of gun control to 75% in one month.

Comment

[QUOTE=Outbreaker;13278574]

We have gone from 18% support of gun control to 75% in one month.[/QUOTE

Could you post a link for the poll numbers.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Simply not one in the same in ANY fashion & there isn't ANY recent encounter / action / legislation of ANY kind that comes ANYWHERE close to comparing something as complicated as a repeal of ANY constitutional amendment.

Especially those so important & pesky enough to be on the front end of the list, so don't fret over a repeal...don't get me wrong, as I totally get & agree with you how scary it is for so many be it the crafty wolves (elected officials / soro's of the world) AND the sheep (ignorant civi's)

Our deathblow is way more likely to happen via bleed out from paper cuts vs off with our heads via repeal.

Comment

Even with the convention of state 3/4 ratification would not happen.

I would support these 11

1. Impose Congressional term limits

2. Repeal the Seventeenth Amendment, returning the election of Senators to state legislatures

3.Impose term limits for Supreme Court Justices and restrict judicial review

4. Require a balanced budget and limit federal spending and taxation

5. Define a deadline to file taxes (one day before the next federal election)

6.Subject federal departments and bureaucratic regulations to periodic reauthorization and review

7.Create a more specific definition of the Commerce Clause

8.Limit eminent domain powers

9.Allow states to more easily amend the Constitution by bypassing Congress

10.Create a process where two-thirds of the states can nullify federal laws

11.Require photo ID to vote and limit early voting
                          Don't forget about auditing the federal reserve.

Comment

[quote=iamntxhunter;13278599]

We have gone from 18% support of gun control to 75% in one month.[/QUOTE

Could you post a link for the poll numbers.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                            Listening to talk radio quoting a Fox News poll.

Comment

He should lay out a plan to swallow Drano.

Comment

Working...
                              X