The true answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The true answer

I need to remind myself of this today. I don't know if I'm the only one or not, so I thought I'd post this just in case somebody else needs the reminder too....

I've been very active on the political threads lately (if you haven't noticed).

I think politics is important, and I definitely have my opinions and beliefs on who/what would be best for our nation and for my kids' future in this country. I have my favorite candidates and issues. But I don't place my faith in any of that political stuff. Even if I got my way and saw all my favorite candidates elected and they enacted all my favorite policies, the political/governmental system would still be flawed. More than that, the nation would still be plenty screwed up, because we are all so incredibly divided and there are large numbers of people who really do want to see things go badly.

With all of that in mind, it can get to be very discouraging if you focus on politics and society in general. There are plenty of reasons to be pessimistic if you focus on that stuff too much. But I know that, even if the wrong candidates get elected and they enact the wrong policies, they can't take away my faith in the Lord. Jesus is still the only true answer to our society's problems. Jesus' message is one of love, not division. I will still love my neighbors, even if they have a sign in their yard that says "Hillary", or "Trump", or "Feel the Bern".

Oh, I'll still have strong opinions on politics, and I'll still let you know what they are every now and then. But I will also still know that God created you, He loves you, and Jesus died for you. I'll do my dead level best to try to see everyone through God's eyes rather than my own. Some days that will be a lot bigger struggle than others, and I'll fail at it in big ways every now and then. But I'll keep trying.

And no matter how screwed up our government is or becomes, I'll remember that my hope is not based on ANY politician or ANY government. My hope is in the Lord, and there isn't a politician or government anywhere that can take that away from me - or from you. And there isn't a politician or government anywhere that could add anything to it to make it any better either. Jesus is enough, because He is everything.

I agree completely and even on the other side of the coin too. Even if the perfect politician that aligns with every belief I have is elected and enacts ever piece of legislation (or lack of legislation) I want, they're still not my savior!

Comment

Good post!

Comment

Comment

Fair perspective!!!

Comment

Yes you have been vocal. The debt the next Pres is inheriting is breathtaking. The split with the races is terrible. Just about everything is worse. ABH - anybody but Hillory......

Comment

Very good Shane
              Its a good reminder for myself, and i need it

Comment

Great post.

Comment

Thank you Shane for a great post.

Comment

Great post for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                      Yes you have been vocal. The debt the next Pres is inheriting is breathtaking. The split with the races is terrible. Just about everything is worse. ABH - anybody but Hillory......
                      Agree with Thorthunder.

This is the first time I saw the politics / current events section. About time actually. I think we all have been political. Obama has driven me nuts.. And yes keeping faith in God is a lot more important.

But this group of democrats has been pretty Godless haven't they? This group of democrats have been working to erase the influence of christianity on our government.

Comment

Working...
                      X