Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 10-14-2021, 12:48 PM   #51
jaime1982
Ten Point

Hunt In: Edwards Co & anywhere I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwitaplan View Post
Thank you for your service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He should go to the VA and see if they'll help. Might as well use his veterans benefits...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
jaime1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 12:57 PM   #52
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

Honestly? I think this will turn out to be a bit of serendipity for your kids because they will have acquired natural immunity to this and other corona strains to come.

I tried everything to come down with COVID when it first came out, short of licking the handles on the grocery carts at H‑E‑B. Ultimately had to get the vax in order to take care of my aging parents. Now, Iíll probably succumb to the Delta variant all because the rush to vaccinate everyone forced this and other virulent mutations.

Story of my life. Nobody listens to me until itís too late.
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 02:08 PM   #53
JBJTX81
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where the wife gives me permission to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
I've had it twice and possibly a third time.
I didn't lock down or tell anybody outside my family that I had it. If had came in contact with anybody who was compromised I would have kept me distance. It's a virus, almost everybody's gonna catch it eventually.

I ain't got 6 weeks to spare..
And this is the reason this crap spreads so bad. You stayed away from "compromised" folks. But will all the other healthy folks you potentially gave it to do the same? How many uncompromised folks have gotten this and died?

See ya at the crawfish boil!
JBJTX81 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 02:10 PM   #54
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBJTX81 View Post
And this is the reason this crap spreads so bad. You stayed away from "compromised" folks. But will all the other healthy folks you potentially gave it to do the same? How many uncompromised folks have gotten this and died?

No one can stop the spread. Even the CDC said everyone will eventually be exposed to covid, everyone. You think it's going to go away?
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 02:13 PM   #55
JBJTX81
Ten Point

“On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.” - Fight Club.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:15 PM   #56
JBJTX81
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
No one can stop the spread. Even the CDC said everyone will eventually be exposed to covid, everyone. You think it's going to go away?
Yeah everyone is eventually going to get in a car wreck if they spend enough time on the road so does that mean its ok to drive drunk?!?!?

Some of yall are really backwards thinking folk.

Just be prudent.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:18 PM   #57
jshouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NE Texas

i think TF has been absent since a dust-up on the PACE playground.
jshouse is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 03:15 PM   #58
SabineHunter

Quote:
Yeah everyone is eventually going to get in a car wreck if they spend enough time on the road so does that mean its ok to drive drunk?!?!?

Just be prudent.
wow, where did you come from?
  Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 03:28 PM   #59
justletmein
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public lands

Quote:

Just be prudent.
More like everyone shouldn't have to have a breathalyzer machine in our cars to prevent drunk drivers.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 08:20 PM   #60
rolylane6
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wise county

Quote:
Apparently it would be ok as long as you're vaccinated

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
rolylane6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 08:35 PM   #61
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Quote:

Yea, we should all wear masks and hide in our housesÖ
Stay home in the fetal position, you should be fineÖ
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2021, 08:46 PM   #62
JBJTX81
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
Yea, we should all wear masks and hide in our housesÖ

Stay home in the fetal position, you should be fineÖ
Not at all what I said. If your positive how about be kind considerate prudent and know that you can easily infect other folks. You shouldn't be out in public if you have the flu either. Just use some common sense and not spread your crap all over town. Do you liter? Do you drive drunk? Do you point loaded guns at other folks? No because it's stupid and disrespectful and potentiallydangerous to other folks. Same thing with spreading covid all over your county. Just be smart and use common sense

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2021, 08:53 PM   #63
jaime1982
Ten Point

Quote:
Not at all what I said. If your positive how about be kind considerate prudent and know that you can easily infect other folks. You shouldn't be out in public if you have the flu either. Just use some common sense and not spread your crap all over town. Do you liter? Do you drive drunk? Do you point loaded guns at other folks? No because it's stupid and disrespectful and potentiallydangerous to other folks. Same thing with spreading covid all over your county. Just be smart and use common sense

Is this your spiel for having others wear masks? To make you feel better?

Old 10-14-2021, 09:03 PM   #64
JBJTX81
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime1982 View Post
Is this your spiel for having others wear masks? To make you feel better?

Didn't ask anyone to wear a mask. I don't wear a mask in public bit when I had covid I wasn't going to work or grocery shopping. Fellow was bragging about running around in public x2 knowing he was covid positive and I'm just pointing out the fact that's not a very smart or considerate thing to do. I'd think anyone with ability to think rationally about cause and effect or the idea of being a good neighbor could grasp that concept.

Old 10-15-2021, 08:49 AM   #65
Shake N' Bake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Where ever im invited

Quote:
Didn't ask anyone to wear a mask. I don't wear a mask in public bit when I had covid I wasn't going to work or grocery shopping. Fellow was bragging about running around in public x2 knowing he was covid positive and I'm just pointing out the fact that's not a very smart or considerate thing to do. I'd think anyone with ability to think rationally about cause and effect or the idea of being a good neighbor could grasp that concept.

I'm healthy. Why should the responsibility to quarantine be put on me?

Is it irresponsible of the people who have comorbidities or a compromised immune systems to not self quarantine?

Is it irresponsible of the people who are obesse to continue to NOT take care of there health? After all they've had almost 2 years to loose weight, get in shape and eat better.
Shake N' Bake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:05 AM   #66
tdwinklr
Ten Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

Quote:

2x
tdwinklr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:06 AM   #67
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pow Pow!

Goodness.....we've gone full blown retard!
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 09:16 AM   #68
JBJTX81
Ten Point

Quote:

Is it irresponsible of the people who have comorbidities or a compromised immune systems to not self quarantine?

Is it irresponsible of the people who are obesse to continue to NOT take care of there health? After all they've had almost 2 years to loose weight, get in shape and eat better.
So based on that line of thought you'd be the first one out the door if your house or office caught fire. All the sick and frail and weak be ****ed. "Well I got 2 strong legs and healthy lungs. Who cares if the other folks in here burn. I'll be fine." You just need to stop bud. Just stop and think about your actions for 1 second. Don't be selfish. It's not just fat folks that this affects. We are all one community. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Old 10-15-2021, 11:35 AM   #69
justletmein
Pope & Young

Quote:

Quote:

Gonna have to agree with this, anybody who's got Covid or the Flu for that matter really shouldn't be running around infecting people. It's pretty inconsiderate to do so.
Old 10-15-2021, 11:57 AM   #70
Uncle Saggy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by justletmein View Post
Gonna have to agree with this, anybody who's got Covid or the Flu for that matter really shouldn't be running around infecting people. It's pretty inconsiderate to do so.

I agree also

Uncle Saggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 12:10 PM   #71
scott.str
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mitchell, County

Gonna have to agree with the below. Doesnít matter what you have, isnít really cool putting people through an infection even if you have the 99.5% chance or survival. My wife had it and didnít wish it on anyone but hey maybe this guy does. Unfortunate.

Quote:
scott.str is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 12:24 PM   #72
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Who goes around spreading cooties when you feel like crap...most logical people understand to isolate when symptomatic regardless of what you have.

It's the whole BS angle of everyone who is unvaxxed is now walking around spreading the rona not knowing they are sick who are misleading the public...the whole asymptomatic pandemic of the unjab'd is the angle they are using for mandates & it's all nonsense. They need this angle desperately to push the jabs & the msm feeds it out constantly. You can tell who believes it because they live in fear.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 12:41 PM   #73
justletmein
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Who goes around spreading cooties when you feel like crap...most logical people understand to isolate when symptomatic regardless of what you have.
I heard about some extended family went to the fair in Dallas several weeks ago, they were feeling bad and tested positive but "weren't worried about it because they're fully vaccinated." I'm not sure if it's ignorance or arrogance, didn't ask, but that's a **** move and ticks me off.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:44 PM   #74
jaime1982
Ten Point

Thumbs up

Quote:
This is pretty simple to understand.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:47 PM   #75
Johnson
Six Point

Hunt In: Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastaxi View Post
Seems like you were willing to gamble with all those travels.
Sooner or later, luck always runs out.

Hope you all recover quickly.
I wouldn't call that gambling I call that living.
Johnson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 12:48 PM   #76
Let's go Brandon!
Pope & Young

Hunt In: FJB

99.7% survivable
Let's go Brandon! is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 01:52 PM   #77
JBJTX81
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's go Brandon! View Post
99.7% survivable
Let's hope you nor none of your family are the 1 in 330 that die from it.
Old 10-15-2021, 02:05 PM   #78
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

Quote:

Jesus this is selfish. yes, everyone has had two years to become more healthy so that you personally are not inconvenienced when you become sick. Anyone who hasn't taken this opportunity to improve their health and lose weight deserves whatever they get if they're unlucky enough to come in contact with you while you're knowingly sick, right? Everyone with any type of comorbidity should stay in their house 24/7 so that you don't have to worry about infecting them when you intentionally expose the virus to everyone you come in contact with (not that you care). I'm all for people getting vaxxed or not, depending on their choice. But the fact that you've been sick with this virus twice and have knowingly and intentionally exposed others to it is completely asinine. The fact that you came on here and bragged about it is mind blowing. People like you give people like biden all the ammunition they need to push for mask and vaccine mandates.

Last edited by bullets13; 10-15-2021 at 02:16 PM.
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 02:18 PM   #79
justletmein
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets13 View Post
Jesus this is selfish. yes, everyone has had two years to become more healthy so that you personally are not inconvenienced when you become sick. Anyone who hasn't taken this opportunity to improve their health and lose weight deserves whatever they get if they're unlucky enough to come in contact with you while you're knowingly sick, right? Everyone with any type of comorbidity should stay in their house 24/7 so that you don't have to worry about infecting them when you intentionally expose the virus to everyone you come in contact with (not that you care). I'm all for people getting vaxxed or not, depending on their choice. But the fact that you've been sick with this virus twice and have knowingly and intentionally exposed others to it is completely asinine. The fact that you came on here and bragged about it is mind blowing. People like you give people like biden all the ammunition they need to push for mask and vaccine mandates.
Bolded for emphasis.
Old 10-15-2021, 02:19 PM   #80
manwitaplan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:

I like how you accuse him of being THE super spreader. Thatís rich. Have you thought for one minute how this scary virus acted like a virus. Virusís do what they do regardless of him going out and about. This virus has spread with leaps and bounds and based on your bashing explain how 5 people live together in a house but only 2 people get sick. Crazy huh?

manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 02:27 PM   #81
bullets13
Ten Point

Hunt In: Marion Co, Jefferson Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwitaplan View Post
I like how you accuse him of being THE super spreader. That’s rich. Have you thought for one minute how this scary virus acted like a virus. Virus’s do what they do regardless of him going out and about. This virus has spread with leaps and bounds and based on your bashing explain how 5 people live together in a house but only 2 people get sick. Crazy huh?

Where did I say this? You're completely making this up. The guy literally said that he was knowingly sick twice and did nothing to keep from exposing people because anyone with comorbidities should be self-quarantining. He was too important and too busy to stay home for ten days, and screw anyone who he infected, or anyone they took it home to. Everyone at risk or who might give it to someone who's at risk should stay home so he only spreads it to other "healthy" people like himself. I don't recall accusing him of being a super spreader, although I find it pretty likely he spread it effectively since he took zero precautions and went about his daily life two separate occasions when he knew he was sick.

Last edited by bullets13; 10-15-2021 at 02:31 PM.
bullets13 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 02:28 PM   #82
Shake N' Bake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Where ever im invited

Quote:
Not bragging, my original statement was more in response to someone who is going into "lockdown" for 2 weeks when most likely they were not testing positive or contagious the entire 2 weeks. That seems like overkill to me.
I work alone and routinely go days or weeks without interacting with anyone face to face outside of my family.

I didn't go around coughing on strangers the whole time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Shake N' Bake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 02:32 PM   #83
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Goodness.....we've gone full blown retard!
I literally can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on this thread! lol
breederbuck33 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 02:36 PM   #84
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassMan View Post
Two weeks is no good. You're going to miss opening weekend!
I just had it from Oct 3rd-13th. Went back to work yesterday. Spent my time at deer camp. Killed a doe for some meat.
Duckologist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 02:49 PM   #85
unclefish
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Central TX, Elk in NM

Quote:

He didn't say he was sick. He said he had Covid. Maybe he tested positive....that's no reason to stay at home if you have no symptoms. If you are asymptomatic you cannot spread this disease. You do you and stop lecturing everyone else on how to live.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1330871485343404034
unclefish is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 03:00 PM   #86
jaime1982
Ten Point

Quote:
Let's hope you nor none of your family are the 1 in 330 that die from it.
Where are you getting that stat?

Old 10-15-2021, 03:05 PM   #87
ElfEyes
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Double post
ElfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2021, 03:05 PM   #88
ElfEyes
Ten Point

Quote:
Where are you getting that stat?

The much quoted 99.7 survival rate I'm guessing

Last edited by ElfEyes; 10-15-2021 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-15-2021, 03:13 PM   #89
jaime1982
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfEyes View Post
The much quoted 99.7 survival rate I'm guessing
Statistically that's not how the death rate would work. It's not absolute or constant.

Mortality rate (with) c19 per jhu is 1.6%

Meh either way hope the VA takes good care of texansfan. Our veterans deserve the best!

Old 10-15-2021, 03:38 PM   #90
ElfEyes
Ten Point

Quote:
Statistically that's not how the death rate would work. It's not absolute or constant.

Mortality rate (with) c19 per jhu is 1.6%

Meh either way hope the VA takes good care of texansfan. Our veterans deserve the best!

So 98.4 is more realistic?