Small Hunting Backpack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Hunting Backpack

I'm wanting to get my kids backpacks for hunts. They just need something to tuck water bottle, binocs, flashlight, maybe small camcorder. Nothing huge or overly expensive.

Recommend a good quality pack that fits that description and doesn't break the bank. I think it needs a semi-rigid/padded back to it and of course needs to be a quiet material for hunting.

Thanks.

I bought a small back pack from Academy years ago. Its the Game Winner and is nothing fancy. It has the camel back bladder in it for water. Padded back and adjustable straps. The size would fit the bill. Its quiet. I use it for day hiking trips to hold water, snacks, etc... Works great for me.

Comment

I have a sling pack that I have been using for years. Single strap that makes it easier to put on and off. Mine has an insulated drink sleeve in it as well. Amazon had a lot to choose from

Comment

I have small badlands pack I really like for bringing to the stand.

It's similar to one of these below. These are updated from when I bought mine.

Compact, lightweight, and simple, the Reactor Pack will carry the essentials for a scout or hunt, and is always ready at a moment’s notice.

We're Unconditional. Unmistakable. We're Badlands, and we make the best hunting apparel, packs, and accessories on the planet.

Comment

I am not sure on what "doesnt break the bank" price for you is, but mystery ranch has their pop-up series packs that would last them a long time and are good quality.

Comment

I don't think you can beat Badlands quality but they are a bit pricey. Worth it to me to avoid the annoyance of broken zippers and seams coming apart

Comment

I saw these at Costco. Pretty nice for the price. And they were $129 in store.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                I don't think you can beat Badlands quality but they are a bit pricey. Worth it to me to avoid the annoyance of broken zippers and seams coming apart
                I have a lot of Badlands gear and have determined that the warranty is worth the price. I'm just not convinced I'm ready to spend that for them as they just don't use the stuff as much as I do. However, that seems to be changing as they now hunt without me in the blind/stand with them.

I just sent two pair of Badland's pants back to them for broken buttons. I got two new pairs of pants back in a matter of days. Their warranty is second to none.

I do like the idea of sling packs and will look into those.

Comment

I really wish somebody would come back out with the Game Plan Spot and Stalk Quiver. This was my favorite bowhunting bag ever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	game plan.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	151.2 KB
ID:	24670444

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                    I'm wanting to get my kids backpacks for hunts. They just need something to tuck water bottle, binocs, flashlight, maybe small camcorder. Nothing huge or overly expensive.

Recommend a good quality pack that fits that description and doesn't break the bank. I think it needs a semi-rigid/padded back to it and of course needs to be a quiet material for hunting.

Thanks.
                    I found a Yukon at Bucee's that I've really liked. It has some molle straps on th exterior for attaching knives/flashligts/drink containers. It's a 1 arm sling deal, but has a strap that snaps across your chest if you're walking a ways.

This is it, highly reccomend. Very well made, but not too heavy.

The Yukon Overwatch Sling Pack features an ergonomic slingcarrying system. This EDC pack will serve you well during a hard day of reconnaissance, hiking, or general outdoor activity.   Extreme funcationality in a compact design.  Bug Out Ready - Reliable Construction Industry leading interior design and storage functio
                    Last edited by Dale Moser; 12-08-2021, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Badlands is having their 12 days of Christmas sale. They have the Tenet backpack for $89, normally $199.

On this page, you'll find great Badlands packs, apparel and other hunting gear at best-buddy pricing.

That might be too big but I would watch their sale.

Comment

I bought a small cheaper backpack from academy for like $15 or $20 and it has held up well for small stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just bought some of these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                            I bought a small cheaper backpack from academy for like $15 or $20 and it has held up well for small stuff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                            Same thing I’ve used for years. Few cans of “water”, ear buds, TP, flashlight, binoculars, and a coupe of knives. Grab and go.

Comment

Working...
                            X