No announcement yet.

Chaparrel Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several of us are finally seeing some does it yearling. Got a tail cam pic of a buck 10 minutes ago. Just happened to be where we’re not hunting. It could happen at any seconds for someone

Comment

stay after it, sometimes it just takes a little to find the corn if they aren't roaming much

Comment

I hope to go down next Tuesday for standby
        But I've been in ER for almost 4 hours waiting
        To results back for a EKG, chest xray and blood work.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          Look at their Facebook page and also in the meeting room when you get there, then you’ll remember why. This is as true of a hunt as you can get in Texas. Of course it use to be really hard, they didn’t allow baiting at all on the archery hunts and especially not corn until about 2010 or so if memory serves.it’s a lot easier now.
          Oh I'm going to give'em all I got no doubt.. I know there are a bunch of big ones in there.. I'm looking for just 1.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            Oh I'm going to give'em all I got no doubt.. I know there are a bunch of big ones in there.. I'm looking for just 1.
            I'm still planning to go standby as of now but I'm hard headed like that

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              I'm still planning to go standby as of now but I'm hard headed like that
              Camon..

Comment

Had to go back and look, 2016 was when we hunted down there and we hunted the area below “12” on the map posted on this thread
                Was Mustang 5 I think
                Looks like now it is not hunted which is a shame because we saw some nice bucks
                Dad said it snowed on us but I don’t remember any accumulation

Comment

Here’s the cooler as of tonight

Tough hunt. Most are moving at night. We have 7-8 cameras out in 19 and 0 daylight pics. I’m waiting for this guy but am not too confident he’s going to cooperate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was there cameras on senderos got mostly night pictures. Cameras in openings back in the brush had the daytime pictures and is where I saw deer typically the last 30 minutes of shooting light. Also seemed to be scrape lines that paralleled senderos 40 to 50 yards into brush.

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                      We have 7-8 cameras out in 19 and 0 daylight pics.
                      Don’t know if I would be sharing that, that kind of talk will get them banning gamecams out there like hagerman. Remember this place used to ban baiting.

Comment

The only time I have hunted there was around 1996 in what looks like area 10 and/or 3. They did not allow baiting back then. It's definitely a tough hunt with archery equipment, although I did get a shot at a good buck that ducked the arrow. I have not applied for the hunt since. Good luck to everyone hunting there.

Comment

Had some excitement last night. FIL shot at a buck but it was a clean miss. I had an 8 come in minutes after he said he shot and it was questionable if legal so chose not to even pick up bow. Watched him and a doe till dark and found out after that my FIL missed. Otherwise I would have at least shot the doe. Hopefully something today. Several people seeing more activity.

Comment

Hopefully today is the day…

Comment

Fingers Crossed.

Rwc

Comment

Nothing yet but the sunrise was pretty.

Comment

Working...
                                X