4 Wheeler wire ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Wheeler wire ???

Anyone have an idea what these chewed up wires control. They are on a Kawasaki brute force 300. They go into the back side of the crankcase, then up into the wiring harness. The machine runs fine, but i still want them fixed.
    Attached Files

If they go into the crankcase maybe a low oil sensor?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

rat

Comment

4 wires. I'm guessing shift position sensor.

Comment

I would say rat as well. Curious what year it is. They don't seem to mess with older bikes too much but they tear up the wires on newer ones. My understanding it is because they use peanut oil rather than petroleum for the wires these days.

Comment

Sorry, misread the question.

Comment

stator wires

Maybe get some of that plastic in a bottle wiring stuff and goop them up

Comment

Yea looks like the stator wiring. You can remove the wires from the top connector and slide heat shrink tubing over each wire and then reinsert them into the connector.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                    I would say rat as well. Curious what year it is. They don't seem to mess with older bikes too much but they tear up the wires on newer ones. My understanding it is because they use peanut oil rather than petroleum for the wires these days.
                    Yeah from what I understand, for a few years vehicle manufacturers were using some soy-based product for insulation which rodents love. I think they've since switched back to plastic. Rats will chew them too just cause they like to chew stuff but it's not as attractive to them

Comment

My buddy at work text a friend of his that owns an atv shop in Crosby. He said they control the starter, and charge the battery. I'm going to tape them up good until i get it fixed. Two other things I'm going to do is rat poison in the barn, and make sure i don't have any corn kernels on it when i store it. Sometimes there is corn on the feet rest, i should have known that was a mistake.

Comment

After having the wiring repaired a couple times due to rodent damage I popped off a couple panels and zip tied those Tomkat poison cubes to the frame in a few places. I figured they'd rather eat those if given the choice. So far it seems to be working.

Comment

Working...
                        X