Traveling with your trad bow....Strung or unstrung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i bought my Satori, bow pro's at the local shop said i can leave it strung as long as it was hanging from the string and i was shooting it often. I leave it strung hanging up by the string in my office as I shoot it every day.

Tomorrow, depending on where i go hunt, I'll be making roughly an hour and a half drive in the morning.

should i unstring my bow or just put it in the back seat and go?

doesent make much sense to me to unstring it to drive an hour and a half and then re-string and hunt with it all day.

Also, during the middle of the day down time....do ya'll unstring or leave it strung?

Most of the time mine travels strung.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Fiberglass bows stay strung. My osage selfbows only strung when I’m hunting.

Comment

Got about the same drive - 90 miles. I take mine off the the rack (strung) stand it up on the passenger side seat (strung) and off I go. I bought a nice unstrung case but never use it. Maybe if someday I take a long road trip to hunt

Comment

Just put it in the back seat and go!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just don't leave it in a hot car strung.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

So with the Grizzly I have been unstringing it after each shooting session.

Is this bad practice ?

I've read conflicting reports on the stress the unstringing process puts on the bow. I left my Satori Strung but i know the Grizzly is a bit "weaker" in construction.
              Last edited by txtrophy85; 11-24-2021, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                So with the Grizzly I have been unstringing it after each shooting session.

Is this bad practice ?

I've read conflicting reports on the stress the unstringing process puts on the bow. I left my Satori Strung but i know the Grizzly is a bit "weaker" in construction.
                I also have a Grizzly, and it has been strung for probably the last 3-4 years, only shoot it during season. Am I doing damage to the bow, maybe??? I hope not. But I haven’t noticed any difference in its performance.

Comment

Strung or unstrung is all personal preference! I unstring mine most of the time. As long as you use proper technique, stringing/unstringing a bow does it no damage!

You should always unstrung it if it is gonna sit in a hot place like a vehicle for any length of time.

Just get a string keeper, and the string will not come off the bow when unstrung.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                    Strung or unstrung is all personal preference! I unstring mine most of the time. As long as you use proper technique, stringing/unstringing a bow does it no damage!

You should always unstrung it if it is gonna sit in a hot place like a vehicle for any length of time.

Just get a string keeper, and the string will not come off the bow when unstrung.

Bisch

I ordered a string keeper from 3Rivers last week!

Comment

Working...
                    X