No announcement yet.

Insane Processing Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot, I can’t afford my processor anymore let alone that high priced outfit. I’m going back to doing my own now that I’m retired.

Comment

Originally posted by jwood02 View Post
      Give Blue Bonnet Meat Company in Trenton a try. I've used them for years and not far from Rockwall.
      I a;so use bluebonnet,they do excellant work and the turn around is quick

Comment

They are all very expensive versus the total lbs of meat you get back. Been this way forever. JMO!

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
          That price includes scenery and wildlife fun.
          *Takes a bite of watermelon*

Comment

At some of these prices it’s cheaper to just buy beef/pork mix sausage from store. That is insane when you supply the main ingredients.

Comment

So its like 600 bucks to process a deer? [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am at a crossroads in my hunting career. I just like watching and being close to them for the most part. I am only looking to shoot a deer bigger than my biggest. So between taxi work and processing I am broke!

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                  So its like 600 bucks to process a deer? [emoji23][emoji23]

Sounds like it. I paid right around 500 for a 900# steer and got all of it. Hide, liver, tongue, heart, oxtail, smoked sausage, and all the rest of good stuff cut to order and packaged.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                    At some of these prices it’s cheaper to just buy beef/pork mix sausage from store. That is insane when you supply the main ingredients.
                    I saw a funny meme the other day.

Deer hunting: the most expensive free meat lol.

But as most, I dont go camp solely for meat. It's all in fun

Op: don't like it, don't pay it. Ez
                    Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

These threads have always cracked me up and always have.. I agree that those fees are way high and its definitely cheaper to buy beef or pork by a long shot OR just do the processing yourself.. This is why I mow my own yard, change my own oil, wash my own vehicles etc..

After the outrageous lease fees most hunters pay, $60,000 - $80,000 dollar truck(more than my first house), $1200 gun(conserv.), buy high $$ scope and binos, $60 -$80 boxes of bullets, $18,000- $20,000 UTV(seems everybody but me has one), $10-$15 bag of corn/protein x who knows how many, hundreds of gallons of $3 a gallon gas, groceries, countless bottles of whiskey and expensive cigars, latest and greatest camo and fancy snake books, many game cams and countless batteries, and a bunch I am sure I forgot, I chuckle that it is ALWAYS the taxidermy and the processing when hunters slam on the brakes and decide "now it is the time to save a few bucks". Go with the cheapest..

I dont know why but it has been this way forever and probably always will be.. Maybe the wife finally said "enough"...Any of the many things listed above are outrageously priced, and I went conservative on a lot of it, but yet most never blink an eye buying it.... Anything of high quality will cost more in most cases..
                      Last edited by PondPopper; 11-10-2021, 06:53 AM.

Comment

I used them right after they opened. The older guy was a **** and the sausage wasn’t great. Went back to Kuby’s.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          These threads have always cracked me up and always have.. I agree that those fees are way high and its definitely cheaper to buy beef or pork by a long shot OR just do the processing yourself.. This is why I mow my own yard, change my own oil, wash my own vehicles etc..

After the outrageous lease fees most hunters pay, $60,000 - $80,000 dollar truck(more than my first house), $1200 gun(conserv.), buy high $$ scope and binos, $60 -$80 boxes of bullets, $18,000- $20,000 UTV(seems everybody but me has one), $10-$15 bag of corn/protein x who knows how many, hundreds of gallons of $3 a gallon gas, groceries, countless bottles of whiskey and expensive cigars, latest and greatest camo and fancy snake books, many game cams and countless batteries, and a bunch I am sure I forgot, I chuckle when it is ALWAYS the taxidermy and the processing when hunters slam on the brakes and decide "now it is to save a few bucks". Go with the cheapest..

I dont know why but it has been this way forever and probably always will be.. Maybe the wife finally said "enough"...Any of the many things listed above are outrageously priced, and I went conservative on a lot of it, but yet most never blink an eye buying it.... Anything of high quality will cost more in most cases..
                          Truer words have never been typed 👍🏻

Comment

Crazy high, but at least they are not like our local processor in Graham, who is requiring that your deer be skinned and quartered prior to dropping it off to them for processing.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
                              That price includes scenery and wildlife fun.
                              ohhh sweet , they got a pool. lol I love reading these posts to find movie quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post

After the outrageous lease fees most hunters pay, $60,000 - $80,000 dollar truck(more than my first house), $1200 gun(conserv.), buy high $$ scope and binos, $60 -$80 boxes of bullets, $18,000- $20,000 UTV(seems everybody but me has one), $10-$15 bag of corn/protein x who knows how many, hundreds of gallons of $3 a gallon gas, groceries, countless bottles of whiskey and expensive cigars, latest and greatest camo and fancy snake books, many game cams and countless batteries, and a bunch I am sure I forgot, I chuckle that it is ALWAYS the taxidermy and the processing when hunters slam on the brakes and decide "now it is the time to save a few bucks". Go with the cheapest..

Post of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X