Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will truck prices go down or is this the new normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will truck prices go down or is this the new normal?

Like the title says, I am needing (mostly wanting) to buy my wife a new truck. We own a half ton Chevrolet and I am provided a half ton truck through work that I am allowed to use as my own. This is great but after moving out of town, we have acquired more heavy stuff (60 hp tractor, three horse trailer, 20 ft stock trailer) and some of these loads are getting a little heavy for my half ton. My wife’s truck is a 2020 and paid for but only worth about 28k. I was considering trading it in on an F-250 XLT with the 7.3 but I am seeing 55k. I work in sales and we don’t ever lower the price of anything, this has me thinking that even after the supply chain issues are fixed the prices of trucks will not come down. What is your opinion?

I’m so tired of hearing “the new normal” lol.

They’ll come back down.

Comment

They will forsure come back down but it won’t be soon. My guess is 2023

Comment

Read an article in the WSJ last week that it will likely be another year before the supply chain for chips completely catches up. I wonder if there will be some good deals when they start trying to unload thousands of those 2021 models we see parked awaiting chips. By that time the 2023 models will be out as well. Will depend on demand I suppose…
        Last edited by jerp; 09-25-2021, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          Read an article in the WSJ last week that it will likely be another year before the supply chain for chips completely catches up. I wonder if there will be some good deals when they start trying to unload thousands of those 2021 models we see parked awaiting chips. By that time the 2022 models will be out as well. Will depend on demand I suppose…
          2022's are already out. I am seeing in a lot of cases the 2021's are priced higher than the 22's that are being ordered. I was told Ford is giving preferential chip treatment to customers who order and dealer spec trucks are being pushed aside.

My wife went down to Bill Fick yesterday to look into ordering mine. They are charging MSRP over there and with my budget I doubt momma bear is gonna let me get that Tremor package. [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

My guess is they won’t ever come down! People are buying them at list price with no negotiation.

Comment

Read an article in the WSJ last week that it will likely be another year before the supply chain for chips completely catches up. I wonder if there will be some good deals when they start trying to unload thousands of those 2021 models we see parked awaiting chips. By that time the 2022 models will be out as well. Will depend on demand I suppose…
              Been driving a 2022 car for 2.5 months...................

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
                My guess is they won’t ever come down! People are buying them at list price with no negotiation.
                Over list.

It's straight up ridiculous.

A new Escalade was going to be $127K for my next employee - 112 list and a $15K upcharge.
                She's gonna be getting a GMC.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                  2022's are already out. I am seeing in a lot of cases the 2021's are priced higher than the 22's that are being ordered. I was told Ford is giving preferential chip treatment to customers who order and dealer spec trucks are being pushed aside.

My wife went down to Bill Fick yesterday to look into ordering mine. They are charging MSRP over there and with my budget I doubt momma bear is gonna let me get that Tremor package. [emoji17]

My buddy just traded in a Tremor package because Ford gave him some crap over an air conditioner repair at 36,100 miles.....

He paid 10K over list for the GMC diesel he bought - 84K for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    Over list.

It's straight up ridiculous.

A new Escalade was going to be $127K for my next employee - 112 list and a $15K upcharge.
                    She's gonna be getting a GMC.
                    Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post

He paid 10K over list for the GMC diesel he bought - 84K for a truck.
                      I paid 53,000 for my loaded Ram in 2015 and the Ford like I want it is $78k. That's a 50% increase in 6 years with no incentives and a 12 week wait.

The only reason I am even considering it is because I can get 48k all day long for the Ram. Crazy times.

Comment

I don't think they are coming back down. I think the car industry may see a shift to direct ordering and fewer dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                          Been driving a 2022 car for 2.5 months...................
                          I meant to say the 2023s will be out by then. Usually a backlog creates lower prices but in this weird environment who knows?

Comment

I meant to say the 2023s will be out by then. Usually a backlog creates lower prices but in this weird environment who knows?
                            Agreed.

We paid 8K over sticker. The 2021 new cars were 5K over sticker.

It's nuts........

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post

Ive personally found this the case

Comment

Working...
                              X