2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakehtr13 View Post
    I found some insane sheds on an undisclosed unit yesterday on my first scouting trip out there.. I don’t know how to post them to the thread but if someone wants to see them they can PM me.. one is 86” one side.. one is 84 1/8” one side
    Assuming the ones that were posted on the LBJ deer hunters facebook group? Some nice looking sheds. Good luck tracking them down for next season.

Comment

Going to come up tomorrow see if I can find a turkey and get my bowhanger out of a tree, anyone else going to be out?

Comment

wish i was but im going next weekend hopefully but just to move some cameras i was wondering how far does everybody live from the grasslands that comment on here ? for me its 330 miles

Comment

About 70 miles, it's not bad now that they have I35 finished through Fort Worth. 330 is a long drive.

Comment

46 miles from my door to the gate of the unit I hunt.

Comment

less then an hour drive sure sounds nice yea its a long drive for me so i try to make the most of every trip and use a lot of cameras

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
                wish i was but im going next weekend hopefully but just to move some cameras i was wondering how far does everybody live from the grasslands that comment on here ? for me its 330 miles
                I'm about an hour and 15 minutes out.

Comment

I'll prob starting putting cams out in July.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                    I'm about an hour and 15 minutes out.
                    yea you would never find me if i lived that close

Comment

Man I wish I could get out more.

Comment

^^^^^You and me both.^^^^^
                        Work gets in the way way to often...

Comment

I'll prob starting putting cams out in July.
                          You normally hunt Grapevine right? Do you like it better? Is it draw or first come for tags?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Grapevine deer is on a lottery system, so I've only hunted it in 14' and 17' when I got drawn. I've killed some deer and seen some absolute toads. But it's a hard place to hunt. Very few access points (that I'm aware of), you have to walk long distances to get to any good spots (that I'm aware of), and the topography is pretty hard to navigate through. Back in 15', that whole place flooded like 20ft high from the lake spillover. Since then, the ground is like 6 foot weeds everywhere. I prefer the Grasslands now.

Comment

Yall know any way to look up which units were burned last year?

Comment

Yall know any way to look up which units were burned last year?

5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 30, 31, 60, 74
                                These are the units that were scheduled to be burned and I am pretty sure they got to all of them this year. Also might be worth making a stop by the USFS office in town. I plan to stop by next time I am out to start placing some cameras for summer scouting.

Comment

Working...
                                X