Hoping for an early freeze!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping for an early freeze!

I have been living around here for long time and I’ve never seen mosquitos like this. The rain has been great but the skeeters have reached Louisiana swamp levels. I spray the yard every two weeks and use a propane fogger every other day and it barely puts a dent in the population. I’m having to wear long pants and long sleeves when I go shoot in the backyard or putter around in the garage. I am vigilant about no standing water on my lot but these blood sucking critters are coming from somewhere

I had no idea where you were going with this before I opened your thread.

My first thought when I read the title was, me too so these dang skeeters will die off.

When I am out in the shop I have spray down with Off and light up citronella candles or they will carry me away.

Comment

Yup. Sitting out in the bays at the fire station tonight getting eaten alive.

Comment

Chiggers are wearing me out also

Comment

I’ve got the chigger blotches all over me from my opening weekend hunt.

I hunted my pop up while hunting so, a little thermacel goes along long way !!

Comment

Before I retired, I owned a bay house at Sargent near East Matagorda bay. The old saying down there was "God had to give us mosquitoes so we wouldn't confuse Texas with Heaven"! Semper Fi, Tx Treetop

Comment

Hopefully it cools down for you.
              I have not had to cool any air in my home for two weeks.
              Over at Wolf Creek they got twenty inches of snow in spots and expecting more this week. They are going to open up this weekend for limited skiing/boarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've heard of mosquito suppression systems that are installed in the yard; anyone have an experience with these?? do they work? how do they work?

Comment

If it is any consolation we are supposed to get near freezing Sunday night & Monday night, that is a good sign as it is almost a month ahead of the past several years

Comment

Cut open a perssimon seed and it was a spoon, means lots of snow this winter.
                    Of course if they are talking about here, Texas snow will be in the form of cold rain.
                    Guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Treetop View Post
                      Before I retired, I owned a bay house at Sargent near East Matagorda bay. The old saying down there was "God had to give us mosquitoes so we wouldn't confuse Texas with Heaven"! Semper Fi, Tx Treetop

That is a truly awesome saying! Semper Fi bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        I have been living around here for long time and I’ve never seen mosquitos like this. The rain has been great but the skeeters have reached Louisiana swamp levels. I spray the yard every two weeks and use a propane fogger every other day and it barely puts a dent in the population. I’m having to wear long pants and long sleeves when I go shoot in the backyard or putter around in the garage. I am vigilant about no standing water on my lot but these blood sucking critters are coming from somewhere
                        I got literally eaten alive at the lease this past weekend. I've never seen them that bad in west Texas.

Comment

I spent 3 hours on a stand hunting hogs last night---and the Thermacell did its job and zero bites though had a few around in the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                          X