No announcement yet.

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright Jooger! Thanks for the read! Ya never know when you might stumble across a buck hot spot like that mulberry patch

Comment

Overlooked

Can't believe this is the first time I've seen this thread. Thanks for the info GG. Do you spray corn in the feeders as well as hand thrown, and how do you determine which one to hunt and corn if you have 3 or 4 sanctuaries in any given areas? If you don't invade/scout them, what determines which ones you concentrate on? THANKX

Comment

Originally posted by bucknuts View Post
        Wish i could say pressured deer are easy. Still trying to get a north Louisiana monster with a recurve. They are there for sure. I'm not doing it right . I know they are just yards in the pine thickets the whole time. Got one crossing a pipeline in 2013. Walked right under bow stand in the slough next to a cut over. But i was in a box blind on pipeline with a 270. Nailed him. Thing is, i almost hunted that ladder stand with my bow that day. Its funny how many good bucks make it every year. Always have a ton of pics in february at feeders that i just have out and don't hunt.
        Read the title again... I said they re easy to PATTERN, not kill! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
          Alright Jooger! Thanks for the read! Ya never know when you might stumble across a buck hot spot like that mulberry patch
          Ol Jooger is holding out on yall really bad. Im thinking he has a real chance at a true East tx bruiser this year. I know for a fact that he is still getting THOUSANDS of pics of those bruisers.
          Last edited by GarGuy; 09-25-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Ol Jooger is holding out on yall really bad. Im thinking he has a real chance at a true East tx bruiser this year.

Or 3 One wind direction at a time. May have to do it with your crossbow. Bout to call you.

Comment

Great thread for us public hunting guys!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Read the title again... I said they re easy to PATTERN, not kill! LOL
                Ain't that the truth. My great uncle always said "Boy get you a firearm" I catch a lot of hell hunting with my recurve. Gluten for disappointment i guess. Sure is great when i show up to the skinning shed with a deer though.
                Last edited by bucknuts; 09-25-2015, 05:37 PM.

Comment

GarGuy,
                  Please share with us how and what you use for your blynd set ups in these thickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum 1 View Post
                    GarGuy,
                    Please share with us how and what you use for your blynd set ups in these thickets.
                    Virtually all are ground blinds. They are all set up on a fringe with some feature keeping deer from getting behind me on a set wind direction. I was building my own tent blinds before they became readily available.

Comment

i need to re read this whole thread tonight

Comment

Best thread ever !!

Comment

I hunted a big mature 9pt on Corps land for 30 straight days last year. Pictures at least every other night, but never in daylight. Shot gun hunter killed him chasing a doe late December. If I would have read this thread last year I would have killed him. Great read and look forward to more great stories.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big One View Post
                            Best thread ever !!
                            x2

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb03 View Post
                              I hunted a big mature 9pt on Corps land for 30 straight days last year. Pictures at least every other night, but never in daylight. Shot gun hunter killed him chasing a doe late December. If I would have read this thread last year I would have killed him. Great read and look forward to more great stories.
                              Why do you think you could have killed him? Not being an ***, seriously asking....what strategy could you have used?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                Why do you think you could have killed him? Not being an ***, seriously asking....what strategy could you have used?

One eyed dog.

Comment

Working...
                                X