No announcement yet.

BowTech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a 2009 Bowtech 101st airborne. Mine sat in its case in the garage for 6 years unused and when i pulled it out for first time i noticed the finish on the riser and limbs was extremely tacky. I ended up replacing limbs (Barnsdale) due to wanting a 70# draw vs the 60# OEM limbs. No other issues with bow other than the tacky finish and Bowtech had no answer for what to do other than get the finish re-done at a third party.

Comment

I shoot a bowtech carbon knight and have never had an issue with it

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
        provide some numbers to prove they are #1,,, I doubt that you can, and I certainly would not rate them #1, and yes they make a good bow, but so do most manufacturers
        From an archery shop POV. They are by far number 1 in sales.

Comment

Oh and nobody else is even close

Comment

I have a bow tech I’ve left everywhere the “pros” say you shouldn’t. High heat in the garage for weeks, rain, sleet, next to a campfire etc and it still shoots and kills just fine.

Comment

I have never owned a bow tech nothing against them. I'm Sure they make a bow that's competitive with the market. But I have done almost all of the above questions you asked to my Mathews bows I've had over the years. To be honest I should be ashamed of how I treat my equipment at times esp my younger days. With that said I've never had an issue with any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                Mathews is #1 for a reason.
                sure are,, people are easily brain washed by advertising.... it is not because they are the best bow,,, just the best advertised ,, that's all it takes for many people
                Last edited by xman59; 10-11-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  From an archery shop POV. They are by far number 1 in sales.

that depends on the shop a whole lot too, and what they carry, there was a time i sold more martins than anything else by a wide margin... second was ben pearson ,,, after a few years pse sold about 6 to 1 of everything else in my shop,,,,

Comment

Shot 2 Bowtechs, personally never had any problems with the bows. I was worried about the last one BTX, because of the limb issues that particular model had. Switched to Hoyt strictly for reliability. I still think the Bowtech makes a good bow, but another thing I noticed is the resell value of Bowtechs are low.

Comment

I have a RPM360, Prodigy and now RealmX.

Bowtech brought limb production 'in-house' and the new limbs are solid core - I also have a Hoyt Carbon Defiant. Love it, but the Realm X is from another world.

Love that bow, accurate and unreal draw cycle. 72lbs/29in draw - you should shoot one and see for yourself. The solid back wall is what finally did it for me.

I called bowtech and talked to the guys before I bought it - the support and explanation of new production processes convinced me they have the problems under control.
                      Last edited by ericksonrw; 10-11-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                          that depends on the shop a whole lot too, and what they carry, there was a time i sold more martins than anything else by a wide margin... second was ben pearson ,,, after a few years pse sold about 6 to 1 of everything else in my shop,,,,
                          Gotcha.

I meant in the 21st century.

Comment

I can only say i shoot a Reign 7 and love it.

Comment

I have a Bowtech Assasian that I bought in 2009. It is not a highly end bow but it has served me well. It is stored in the case except when at the lease. It has been left in the garage in the case for several months at a time but mostly in the case and in the House.

I have not had any issues at all. I do have a hankering for a new bow but haven’t talked myself into it yet. But when I do based on my current experience a Bowtech will be get serious consideration.

Comment

They really aren't in the limelight anymore, they used to be in the big 3, now its just the big 2 Matthews and Hoyt, and PSE has passed Bowtech in sales.

Comment

Working...
                                X