Anyone hunting Keechi this year? E-Postcard Archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone hunting Keechi this year? E-Postcard Archery

Steve and I were drawn for the Oct 2-11 hunt. Wondering if any other TBHers would be joining us.

I tried but didn't get drawn. I did the squirrel hunt once and fell in love with those woods. Hope yall have a great time!

Comment

I put in for it but did not get selected. I would have shown up as a stand by but drew Big Lake Bottom instead. I have hunted it 2 times back when they did youth hunts. My son killed a doe out there.

Comment

Only 2nd draw I ever got was Keechi but was also drawn for Daughtrey E-post (hunted with a 1st class guy on here brokeno) during the same time period two years ago. Can't be in two places at the same time. Have fun!

Comment

Good luck on your hunt! Keep us updated. Buddy and I got drawn for the nov 13-22 hunt. I’ve done some research and feel like I’m on the right track. Bringing the 4 wheeler, climbing stands, and camping gear. Gonna download onX hunt maps to use as my gps. I do have a question for you fellas that have been out there. I currently don’t have a truck because of a car accident. Been using my grocery getter(Ford Explorer) for all my adventures. Planned on pulling a trailer with 4 wheeler, stands, coolers, etc. Will I have an issues getting into the wma or at the camp area in my explorer? Open to any other advice y’all might have. Feel free to pm me if you don’t want to post it on here.

Comment

Last I can remember, good solid road all the way. Campground is right there at the check in station.

Comment

Thanks sqiggy! Hopefully it stays dry between now and then. Any other words of wisdom?

Comment

Find the acorns, you’ll find the deer.

Comment

A buddy and I will be there. Never hunted Keechi before.

Comment

Here is the write up of our hunt. It was hot, the mosquitos were brutal and the deer were skittish and very thin. But it was time in the woods and worth it to get away from the city.

https://bradbery.com/keechi-creek-wma-oct-2020/

Comment

Great write up Robin! Enjoyed reading some of your older stories too, keep them coming! Wish Keechi would’ve been more successful but still looks like a great experience. I will report back after our hunt in November.

Comment

I'm Interested to see how yall do. Hogs are in those woods for sure. We actually share a fence line with the wma.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My son and I will be there for the youth hunt Thanksgiving weekend. Really looking forward to it!

Comment

As much as I hate to say I think I’m gonna have to miss my hunt at Keechi Creek. We landed a big project at work so my weekends are gonna be non existent in November/December. Hoping to sneak away for the south zone duck opener but my deer hunting will be limited to thanksgiving weekend. Good luck to everyone! Would love to hear how everyone else does

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                              Only 2nd draw I ever got was Keechi but was also drawn for Daughtrey E-post (hunted with a 1st class guy on here brokeno) during the same time period two years ago. Can't be in two places at the same time. Have fun!
                              Hunted e-postcard daughtrey last year it was a tough hunt. I had the unit that was SE of the state park. I'd bring a tripod stand if I were to go down there to hunt again. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X