• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
    Show off!

Congrats bud

Comment

That's awesome!! Good job

Comment

Most water I've seen at twin buttes since I came up here for school 2 years ago. Thank God for this rain.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401222070.739211.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	24306486

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401222085.915263.jpg
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	24306487
        This is the equalization channel
        The north pool from a distance

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401222139.032557.jpg
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	24306488

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
          Awesome bud!!!

Comment

Guys, Wondering how you guys feel about the permit for TPHD WMA's? Is it worth the $48 bucks? How much actual hunting can you get out of it? Can you still go on the draw hunts without the permit?

Comment

Originally posted by howhandi View Post
              Guys, Wondering how you guys feel about the permit for TPHD WMA's? Is it worth the $48 bucks? How much actual hunting can you get out of it? Can you still go on the draw hunts without the permit?
              Defiantly worth the $48. Most of places are small game hunting dove squirrel etc... But there are some walk on bowhunting too that you'll need this permit for. And yes you can still hunt on the drawn hunts without this permit.
              With this permit you'll have access to 902,090 acres to hunt

The picture shows you all the places you can hunt.
              Without this permit I wouldn't get to hunt at all unless I get lucky on the drawn hunts

Comment

79F250, How often can you hunt San Angelo State Park? How much game do you see out there?

Comment

79F250, How often can you hunt San Angelo State Park? How much game do you see out there?
                  Every day during there season. Last year it was from oct 12 through mid December. I saw at least 1 deer every time I went out they just didn't always come into range. Several times I would see several deer a sit. Some areas are better than others you just have to scout out a good spot. You can also shoot 1 turkey either sex and unlimited feral hogs. The later in the season it gets the more difficult the deer are to kill but there are plenty out there. I killed 2 this past season and my dad and grandpa both got 1 as well. There are some nice bucks out there.

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
                    Every day during there season. Last year it was from oct 12 through mid December. I saw at least 1 deer every time I went out they just didn't always come into range. Several times I would see several deer a sit. Some areas are better than others you just have to scout out a good spot. You can also shoot 1 turkey either sex and unlimited feral hogs. The later in the season it gets the more difficult the deer are to kill but there are plenty out there. I killed 2 this past season and my dad and grandpa both got 1 as well. There are some nice bucks out there.
                    Thank you for your info brother. Are there many hogs out there? My oldest boy is really wanting to hog hunt. Also what are the bait restrictions out there?

Comment

Thank you for your info brother. Are there many hogs out there? My oldest boy is really wanting to hog hunt. Also what are the bait restrictions out there?
                      There's not a bunch of hogs but there are some. But once they find your corn they come in like clock work but mostly at night.
                      As far as feeding goes you are allowed to feed corn or whatever other deer food you might want to use a week before they start the season and you can feed as much as you want but you can only hand throw your corn out. So no feeders of any kind. A lot of out of town guys who hunt out there several times a season will put a food block out so they won't have to throw corn out everyday.

The nice thing is that you can put up a pop up or tripod ladder stand whatever you got and leave it up during the whole deer season. The only rule about stands is they have to have your name and number on it and you can't nail anything to a tree or cut down any brush.

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
                        There's not a bunch of hogs but there are some. But once they find your corn they come in like clock work but mostly at night.
                        As far as feeding goes you are allowed to feed corn or whatever other deer food you might want to use a week before they start the season and you can feed as much as you want but you can only hand throw your corn out. So no feeders of any kind. A lot of out of town guys who hunt out there several times a season will put a food block out so they won't have to throw corn out everyday.

The nice thing is that you can put up a pop up or tripod ladder stand whatever you got and leave it up during the whole deer season. The only rule about stands is they have to have your name and number on it and you can't nail anything to a tree or cut down any brush.
                        Thank you for your inpur. Do you know of a lot of instances where people are stealing other people's stuff? There seems to be some problems with that on TBR and wandering if the same problem exists at State Park?

Comment

Thank you for your inpur. Do you know of a lot of instances where people are stealing other people's stuff? There seems to be some problems with that on TBR and wandering if the same problem exists at State Park?
                          It does exist but not even close to how it is at TBR. This past year I had one camera stolen but we buy the cheap cameras so not that big of a deal. We've had pop ups and tripods up during the while deer season and no one has messed with other than huntin them a few times. Just about everyone out there are good honest people but there is always that bad apple in the bunch.

I think the reason TBR has so much stuff stolen out there is because it's open to anybody to just drive out there. Where as at the state park you have to register and everything us you can't drive into to the property you can only walk in. So that scares off most thieves.

Hope ill be seeing you out there this year.

Comment

Thanks for all your info 79F250. I hope to see you as well.

Comment

Thanks for all your info 79F250. I hope to see you as well.
                              If you ever see this truck stop by and say hi.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403061351.293163.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	24310500

Comment

I will do that if I see that truck out there bud

Comment

Working...
                                X