No announcement yet.

Divorce Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk to a Lawyer and not TBH. This is a public forum!

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      Watch out don't let her run up a bunch of credit card debt. Happened to a friend of mine and he had to pay them. Watch your bank account too it will be cleaned out too. Happened to my nephew.

Im hoping she doesent do the credit cards. She doesent have access to my bank accounts thankfully

Comment

I'm honestly so sorry. Knowing first hand the hurt and sorrow that's to come. You will find happiness again in life my friend if you ever need anything give me a shout

Comment

Originally posted by Elite13 View Post
          Thankyou for all the help. I hope this isnt as painful as some. At this point she doesent seem to want anything other than her car. Can you do this without getting lawyers involved?
          You can work everything out and go to one lawyer to file petition. They will not “represent” both of you, but certainly can do this and announce to the court that there is no chance of reconciliation and get it done.

Comment

Thankyou for all the help. I hope this isnt as painful as some. At this point she doesent seem to want anything other than her car. Can you do this without getting lawyers involved?

Get a lawyer. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Does anyone have lawyer reccomendations

Comment

Anything else in her name? bank loans? Credit Cards? Bank accounts? Doctor bills? Be advised that creditors may come after you for unpaid accounts, even years from now. Always best to close all accounts and pay them off, or find a way to get your name removed from it. If she stops paying her car note, the creditor will come for you, regardless of what your divorce agreement says.

Comment

If you can be civil and agree on everything then you don’t even need a lawyer, cost my ex about 400 do get our divorce

Comment

Cancel all credit cards and any other charge accounts . If your are not fighting now go together to a lawyer for proper legal documents to be drawn and filed . I managed to do this with kids involved ; she didnt go " crazy " till it was too late . . .

Comment

Get a lawyer, cancel the credit cards. Tell the lawyer to be fair, and insist on an even split, if the future ex gets too greedy turn the lawyer loose.
                      Hopefully you will get through this with your sanity intact. If you are lucky you can both move on and enjoy the rest of your lives.

Comment

[QUOTE=Elite13;14066392 She doesent have access to my bank accounts thankfully[/QUOTE
                        Everything you have is half hers, unless you can prove it came into your possession prior to the marriage, and that includes your bank accounts!
                        Get a lawyer, it will be worth it.

Comment

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Good luck !

Comment

She can have the car but she has to pay for it. Can she get a loan at the bank? You will split all debt and assets acquired after the marriage. That all sounds well and good until you find out your wife doesn’t qualify for a loan on her own. If she can’t get a loan in her name only you are still financially liable. I would call all 3 credit bureaus tomorrow and put a freeze on your credit and cancel/freeze all credit cards.

I don’t know how much cash you have in the bank but go tomorrow and withdraw 50% of it and rat hole it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If she does not know about your other accounts I would delete that post. If lawyers get involved, they will find out so no worries leaving it. Sounds like she has moved on, better now than kids and years later. Praying for both of you and hope things work out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

The best advice I can give is try to agree and go non contested with 1 lawyer, but YOU pick the lawyer and secure them (this is where I messed up). Whomever gets the non contested lawyer is who the lawyer will represent and speak with (at least in my case). More than anything stay busy! Very good advise someone earlier said about that. LIfe gets better, been on round 2 and going strong for going on 14 years this year. Simliar situation, together for 7 years, married for 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X