2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
    I am really surprised how high the tides are even with all this north wind. Not what I was expecting but definitely a positive. I made the trip from Rockport to Bay City today and the tide was quite a bit higher than when I drove down there on Friday.

Gulls and pelicans were working marsh ponds pretty good so I am sure it's already whacked some baitfish in the shallows.

Thanks for the update Glenn. Worried about just how bad it will be.

Comment

Looking like yall might have to take yalls sleds north. We just call them boat's though

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Reports are not great. I got a pic from a buddy in Palacios from the Collegeport side and there was solid ice on the bay a long way out. I heard from another buddy of chunks of ice floating by in POC. Another report of dead trout in Caney Creek already and dead mullet starting to wash up in the Colorado River.

The Matagorda weather station near Old Gulf Cut is showing water temps at 30 in the ICW. Now that isn't at the bottom of the ICW, that is on the side in shallow water. But still...

Comment

Thanks Glenn. Not good at all.

Comment

Here is a pic from Collegeport looking out over the bay. You can see how far out the ice has formed.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I’m dreading the photos that will be coming out over the next few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Capt Glenn;15473234]Here is a pic from Collegeport looking out over the bay. You can see how far out the ice has formed.

Dang! Any news on barge traffic in ICW?

Comment

[quote=DUKFVR;15473243]
                  Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                  Here is a pic from Collegeport looking out over the bay. You can see how far out the ice has formed.

Dang! Any news on barge traffic in ICW?
                  I read somewhere they asked the shipping companies to shut down voluntarily and they were going to. I don't have any idea if that has happened or not.

Comment

I posted this on a separate thread, but want to post it here, too, for anybody jonesing to get out on the water!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEcr8Cb_Ub0"]Winter Fishing for Bull Reds on the South Louisiana Coast! (W90 Highlights) - YouTube[/ame]

Hopefully the die off is minimal on the upper coast.
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Stinking trout!!! Haha... love it!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Just saw a report of temp taken 4’ deep in ICW in POC of 38*

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          Looking like yall might have to take yalls sleds north. We just call them boat's though

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                          Can you imagine the fish slayin men from this thread showing up at a glitter boat parade by you?

The women and the fish would be jumping to them salty sleds

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            Can you imagine the fish slayin men from this thread showing up at a glitter boat parade by you?

The women and the fish would be jumping to them salty sleds

We might all be late to weight-in though because we understand what No Wake means

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              We might all be late to weight-in though because we understand what No Wake means
                              Solid truth there!!

Comment

Be trouble for the salty sleds tho... No self respectin' sled owner would allow a ditch pickle on his boat... That's kinda like throwin' a gaftop in the floor...

Comment

Working...
                                X