Ammo - How much is enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigThicket Luke View Post
    What about .22mag? I have shot alot of pigs with it in the head and dropped most of them with one shot at ranges of 100 yards and less. You can get super accurate semiauto platforms for it and the Ammo is so much cheaper than centerfire. Just curious what your thoughts are. I personally have more .22mag than any other round probably 8k.
    Probably work fine for the first shot. After that once they’re running it wouldn’t be the least bit effective. I shot 7 hogs last night. Only one of them was standing still. The rest were on the run.

Comment

I guess it depends on your situation and how much you like to shoot. I probably have enough reloading components to last be a lifetime of shooting based on how often I shoot today. I am very satisfied with my stock of supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
        No wonder normal folks like me can’t find squat online or on shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The trick is to buy when ammo is plentiful

Comment

When it comes to ammo these days, you find it...buy it.

Comment

One round. As long as your target is shooting the same ammo you are.

Comment

I have “enough” if I want to rifle hunt but only a seasons worth of shot shells. I just loaded up on a lifetime supply of arrows and broad heads before they become scarce.

Micheal

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                The trick is to buy when ammo is plentiful

Point is? Everyone in here said they don’t have enough. Every gun owner is looking for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Exactly ^^^

Comment

just had this discussion. five deer tags on my license and 20 bullets to a box so a couple boxes of deer rounds will last till the next administration. If we get into a shooting war I'm not sure how long I could hold out so, if I burn through a dozen mags of "assault rifle" rounds then I'll figure something out. I don't do much target shooting except with a .22 cause I see a dollar bill go down range with every trigger pull. So, decided a few boxes of what I need is enough and a closet packed full is too much. somewhere in between is probably about right

Comment

Working...
                    X