Questions about Fredericksburg Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife wants to go stay in Fredericksburg this weekend for our anniversary. Being from East Tx, I know nothing about that general area. I understand that some folks go there because of the wineries which doesn't interest the wife and I. What else is there to do within 30 mins or so from there? Anything around there that is a must do or a must see? Any restaurants that are hidden gems?

Thanks

Dont miss Nimitz museum. Actually, you can't miss it, its right on Main street. Plan to spend the day.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
      Dont miss Nimitz museum. Actually, you can't miss it, its right on Main street. Plan to spend the day.
      Thanks! Just looked it up and that's definitely somewhere I'd like to visit.

Comment

Alamo Springs Restaurant and Old German Bakery. Get there early. Pacific War Museum can take a whole day to enjoy. Lots and lots of girly shops to follow the Mrs. around in. Trade Days is interesting as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
          Alamo Springs Restaurant and Old German Bakery. Get there early. Pacific War Museum can take a whole day to enjoy. Lots and lots of girly shops to follow the Mrs. around in. Trade Days is interesting as well.
          This here. Make sure you get the jalapeño cheese sourdough bun and enjoy watching the bats coming out of the cave while you eat the best burger in Tx.

Comment

Enchanted Rock, If the weather cooperates & you’re wanting a moderate hike.

Comment

Enchanted Rock is great. Go early.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                I don't know if she would find the museum as interesting as I would. I'm sure she would go in there but probably wouldn't want to spend as much time there as I would.

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                This here. Make sure you get the jalapeño cheese sourdough bun and enjoy watching the bats coming out of the cave while you eat the best burger in Tx.
                Thanks. We are always down for good burger joint.

Originally posted by captteddy View Post
                Enchanted Rock, If the weather cooperates & you’re wanting a moderate hike.
                If weather cooperates, we want to do this.

Comment

There’s a great pie place a few blocks off the strip. Name escapes me but it’s outstanding.

Comment

Walk up and down Main for all the shopping, if your wife enjoys that. Art, gift shops, clothes, jewelry, etc... Tons of good restaurants.

The Rock Box (if they're open during COVID) puts on great shows. There's usually lots of live music here and there around town.

LBJ Ranch isn't too far. They were shut down due to COVID back in the summer. Probably still are. You can still drive through and see some stuff. Just can't go inside the museum part if they're closed.

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I have a good list going.

Comment

Luckenbach. Not a whole lot to see there, but a whole lotta history.

Comment

Pasta Bella is a hidden little gem just off the main drag

Not sure if it’s seasonal or not but watching the bats fly out at Old Tunnel State Park is cool
                          Last edited by bboswell; 01-19-2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Enchanted rock can be hail to climb if you have bad knees. We stayed at My Country Inn. Not the one in town but the one on North Llano. It’s a 200 acre ranch that loaded with white tail and axis. And they will come to a bag of corn. Lots of fun and nice accommodations.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                              There’s a great pie place a few blocks off the strip. Name escapes me but it’s outstanding.
                              Fredericksburg Pie Company. Some of the best, thats for sure.

Another fun place is the Rustlin' Rob's store. They have 100's of samples that are fun to try. Though with covid they may have stopped that, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X