No announcement yet.

Missing hunter found dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been lost more than once. Boy Scout training kicked in and worked my way out both times. Once got turned around in the middle of 3 square miles. Compass saved me.....

Up..............

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
      And something to start a fire with
      that far out ,,,you better believe it!!!

Comment

I remember when I was 16 on a new lease, I was told to stay in the blind and not walk around or look for a deer beyond the feeder. It's easy to lost very fast.

Also, you can get a battery pack to recharge your phones while in the field.

RIP

Comment

So sad. It’s so easy to lose sense of direction when the sun isn’t out. Prayers for the family.

Comment

Yrs ago on the matador we were hunting and in the morning piles of trucks with horse trailers came in from the prison. Come to find out a hunter didn't return the night prior. He had gotten turned around and lost but his turned out better and was found in the morning, safe but

Comment

I carry a back pack with extra water, snack, TP, knife, rope and a lighter. Have a few extras in there too but you get that concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Randell View Post
                I carry a back pack with extra water, snack, TP, knife, rope and a lighter. Have a few extras in there too but you get that concept.
                ^^^^ this right here^^^^

Comment

Missing hunter found dead.

Originally posted by Randell View Post

I do this too, but typically if I have a deer that runs off I give him 30 minutes or so, then leave my pack in the blind to go find him.

Might have to atleast throw the compass in my pocket from now on. GPS is onX maps downloaded to my phone so I can use it with no signal, but if that dies it could be a problem.

I guess I’ve never had to trail a deer more than 100 yards or so, so have never thought about the need for survival gear during a recovery. Sad deal for sure, and definitely makes me think a little more especially with my son hunting with me now.

Comment

Sad, sad story. When hunting public land, I pack supplies that include what I need to spend a night safe. This includes lighters, flashlight, life straw, alum tent and sleeping bag, compass and GPS. Phones are useless where I hunt. Doesn't take much space and you never know when you might get lost or injured. On a new lease, I always carry my compass and GPS.
                    This hunter didn't do anything wrong either, just a huge shame.

Comment

Prayers up!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sad deal. Prayer sent for family.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Terrible news.. prayers for family

Comment

So sad. Prayers up for the family