Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a trans woman and my pronouns are she/her. I renewed my SirrisXM radio today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a trans woman and my pronouns are she/her. I renewed my SirrisXM radio today.

Every year I go through the SirrusXM car radio renewal nightmare.

I was on the phone today to renew 2 vehicles. It took 35 minutes and 37 seconds.

My subscriptions were going from $5 per month per vehicle to $20 PMPV so I wanted a new deal.

SirrusXM has a "special" 12 month subscription "select package" for $5 per month. It includes a "free" Amazon Echo Dot which lets you listen to SirrusXM in the house. https://www.siriusxm.com/packages

I started going around with Ms. Patel on the renewal. She wanted me to renew for $20 per month. I told her I wanted the $5 select package with the Echo Dot.

We go round and round and I told her she was racially discriminating against me. I didn't feel like the racial thing had legs so I changed gears. Then I told her she was sexually discriminating against me because I'm a trans woman. I told her I would be happy when Biden was in office and the discrimination ended.

She told me the $5 select package was not available. I told her I was looking at it on her website. I told her in the USA when a business makes an offer and a customer accepts the offer they have a deal. I asked her to stop discriminating against me because I was a trans woman.

She went and "talked to her manager" and came back and offered me the $8.25 a month all access package. I told her I didn't want that. I wanted the $5 package and that she was discriminating against me because I'm a trans woman.

She went and talked to her manager again and came back and offered me the $5 package without the free Echo Dot. I told her I'm a trans woman and to cancel both my subscriptions effective 12-09-20.

I told her that is no way to run a business and I have to jump through these hoops every year.

She gave me a song and dance and went back to the manager. She came back telling me she got me a great deal. I got the $5 packages with only one Echo Dot, not two. I told her to cancel both my subscriptions effective 12-09-20.

She song and danced, talked to the manager, and came package and told me she was able to get me the $5 select package as offered on their website.

35 minutes and 37 seconds of her used car salesman tactics later and my two subscriptions were renewed with the offer on their website.

She called me sir the entire time. She may not have bought the trans woman angle, but it was amusing to me.

I almost asked her if she could throw in a box of Dilly bars(Dairy Queen reference).

That is no way to run a business.

😂😂😂

Comment

Wait, let's forget about XM Radio for a minute... are you a trans woman?

Comment

I was wondering when the punchline was coming.....but you were serious

Comment

You may have too much time on your hands sir! :-)

Comment

i hate dealing with them. Its a waste of time. Them and Directv both.

I had bought a 1 year subscription for $99 back last year. Well then i got a new truck and gave the old one to my guys for another shop truck. So i called to transfer the subscription. from my 09-to 19 model truck. Sorry sir we cant go any newer than a 2010 model vehicle on that package. I said ok transfer it to my wifes she had a 06 for a few more months. After a few minutes of back and forth now its not transferable at all..

They are the screwiest bunch of con artist out there..

Comment

I think if someone from Georgia was hoopin and hollerin in their goofy Georgia accent at me about bein a trans woman I would totally believe them. I’m more surprised that she wasn’t buyin it

Comment

My sirius has been 14/month for years.. it never goes up, yet i always hear stories of annual negotiation. I wonder why that is?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                  Bahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                    My sirius has been 14/month for years.. it never goes up, yet i always hear stories of annual negotiation. I wonder why that is?
                    Because we all want to pay less than 100 a year. If you call and negotiate you can keep it around that each year instead of the 300+ per year for all access.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                      Browse SiriusXM's most popular packages. Choose which subscription is right for your listening preferences. Click here for all packages and pricing.

Are you a trans woman? If so, they are discriminating against you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post

No. I wouldn't mind having an extra set of boobs around the house though. Never can have too many.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          I was wondering when the punchline was coming.....but you were serious
                          Totally Sirius.

Comment

I dont find radio that serious (and you keep mis-spelling it).

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                              You may have too much time on your hands sir! :-)
                              I do. I still dread that 35 minute phone call every December.

Comment

Working...
                              X