Vehicle inspection issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle inspection issue

I wish it were something simple like I had a sensor out or a light out.
    My trouble is I can't find a place that doesn't have a stupid long line. Over the last two months I've tried several times at different times of the day to go and get it done and there is always 4 or more vehicles in line. I've gone on rain days and it's the same thing. Weekends are worse. I just went by 3 places and all had 8 or more cars in line. I'm not sitting 2 plus hours in line and costing me and my employees money. Somehow the state needs to make this a reasonable thing to get done.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My mechanic stops what he's doing & knocks it out most the time...if he's on an urgent job, I'll just leave it with him or hit up the next day. You need to skip the quicky lube / tire joints, find an independent & get the buddy system going.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      My mechanic stops what he's doing & knocks it out most the time...if he's on an urgent job, I'll just leave it with him or hit up the next day. You need to skip the quicky lube / tire joints, find an independent & get the buddy system going.
      Agree with this. Also sometimes the morning like 8-830 isnt a bad time to go by the quick lubes. most people are trying to just get to work at that time. Not thinking about oil changes and inspections.

Comment

DRT...go here:

PKng & Son Garage, 106 Smith St, Mansfield, TX 76063

It's a little like visiting Mayberry. You'll be in and out in no time! Bring cash.

Comment

1. Valvoline Oil change places have their own line for inspections and you dont even get out of your car.

2. Christian brothers will let you make an appointment.

Comment

drive up honk, hit lights and hand over money at my guy. The we talk hunting for 30 mins

Comment

Seems I remember that inspection requirements were suspended till June due to Covid. I’m sure everyone put it off till last minute creating a huge backup.

Comment

In Weatherford there are a couple places and you can just drive up. No wait. Did min last week

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  drive up honk, hit lights and hand over money at my guy. The we talk hunting for 30 mins
                  It takes you 30 min to get your car inspected?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                    It takes you 30 min to get your car inspected?
                    Brah, read it again brah

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burner View Post
                      DRT...go here:

PKng & Son Garage, 106 Smith St, Mansfield, TX 76063

It's a little like visiting Mayberry. You'll be in and out in no time! Bring cash.
                      I don't think Wesley is doing it anymore, but I've had my vehicle(s) inspected there more times than you can even imagine. I'm guessing you are dealing with his sons/kinfolk?

Comment

I have a place here by the house as long as you don’t have a check engine light on and pass the gas cap test you pass. $25.50 and I’m down the road in 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty sure it is because they were not enforcing inspections up until about a month ago due to the "vid" but I could be wrong.

May be lots of folks running around with expired inspection/registration

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                            Pretty sure it is because they were not enforcing inspections up until about a month ago due to the "vid" but I could be wrong.

May be lots of folks running around with expired inspection/registration
                            As opposed to now?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              I have a place here by the house as long as you don’t have a check engine light on and pass the gas cap test you pass. $25.50 and I’m down the road in 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              $25.50?? I thought inspection was regulated by the state to be $7.

Comment

Working...
                              X