Grass ID and treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass ID and treatment?

What is this and how do I kill it out of my Bermuda grass?

I’m not sure the name of it however, I haven’t been able to kill it, I get a small gardening shovel and loosen the soil around it so to be able to pull it up, including the root.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can’t tell what it is but MSMA is good on most anything in Bermuda grass, including stickers and some broadleaf weeds. Works best when it’s warm out.

Comment

Looks like dallis grass. Msma will kill it back but spring pre emerge is your friend on this one.

Comment

Looks like dallis grass. Msma or cheaper option light dose of roundup, early enough Bermuda will come back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

There is an app available for the iPhone called PictureIt. You take a picture of the plant and it comes back with the identification of the plant. It's been pretty accurate so far. You might try the app and see what it comes back with. Once identified, you can probably find a suitable herbicide to control it.

Comment

Crab grass is what I was thinking of

Comment

Sorry. Just checked my phone and the app is called PictureThis.

Comment

It’s a blurry photo but I agree Dallis. This is a perennial. Pre-emergent does not work on existing plants. MSMA is no longer labeled for residential turf. Tribute Total is and is best used in the fall. I my previous ST Augustine lawn I allowed the Dallis grass to grow tall and I wiped Glyphosate on the leaves with a paper towel and gloves.

Comment

Dallis grass, target 6 aka msma

Comment

Looks like grubs.

Comment

Crabgrass is not up yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X