Polaris Ranger Prop Shaft Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris Ranger Prop Shaft Replacement

It seems the rear CV on my ranger 900 single cab's prop shaft has kicked the bucket. I baby the thing, so im not sure how it happened. Greased the hell out of it and that temporarily eased the screaching noise, but was only a band aid. Have any of yall replaced this thing, and if so how difficult was it? being quoted 800 for the dealer to swap them, and the part is 350 (because of course i have to replace the entire shaft, not the cv alone.

any wisdom appreciated

It's not hard at all. I replaced both of mine last yr using nothing more than a jack and couple sockets.

Comment

That part is $60.00 to $200 depending on what you order. Super ATV has a good selection. Take tire and wheel off take off axle nut, grab shaft with your hand and push into rear end and snatch out hard. When you reinstall new shaft into rear end I use a zip tie or keep snap ring compressed and line up splines and shove back in until ring snaps in place cut off zip tie.

Comment

Not hard and certainly not worth $800. Get the parts on ebay for a couple hundred. Jack it up, take the tire off, brake caliper, shock upper & lower A arm joints, wheel nut and bearing and pull the hub out of the way then grab the shaft and jerk it until it comes out. While you have it apart be sure and change the plastic bushings in the A arms. Google it on you tube. Piece of cake.

Comment

Check on East Lake Axle also, eastlakeaxle.com

Comment

So the issue is not the axels, i figured that was easy enough.
            the prop shaft which connects the rear diff to the front has CV's in the place of the U joints on my year (2017-2019), and that seems to be the issue.

hoping the u joint replacement will fit

Comment

East Lake sells CVs but I'm no utv mechanic so I'm not sure just what you need.
              They have all kinds of parts, we have used them to replace cv joints and bearings on an older Polaris atv.

Comment

Working...
              X