Thanksgiving is canceled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanksgiving is canceled!

Well kinda, our large family Thanksgiving celebration has been canceled because of COVID exposure and some other family issues. I will still be smoking a small turkey for my wife,2boys and I. Anyone else get theirs canceled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If mine was cancelled I’d be leaving Thursday morning instead of Thursday afternoon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope...not living in fear. We will be smart, but after talking with my elderly parents, grandmother and in-laws, the months of isolation and loneliness is much worse than the minuscule risk of catching COVID.

Comment

I was kind of hoping mine would be canceled so I could duck hunt

Comment

Mine did. My wife just tested positive on Monday. Stupid effing parents that send their kids to school all doped up on Tylenol and then play stupid like they didn't know. It happens all the time. Its not the kids fault, I blame the idiot parents.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Came back from a recording in Tennessee and the group all got what we thought was a cold. Now one of us has tested positive. We are canceling our Thanksgiving as my wife and I are sickly with mild fever and body aches. Who knows with the inaccuracy of the testing if the guy in our group was really positive. Not taking chances and don't feel like cooking anyway.

Comment

Yep. Not exposure but have family down with covid.

I'm hunting all week and have the breast off a gobbler I shot this spring to cook as my meal Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

SIL diagnosed week before last and in isolation. Father diagnosed and hospitalized last Thursday. Mother diagnosed Saturday.

Needless to say, our’s is cancelled. This year.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                  Nope...not living in fear. We will be smart, but after talking with my elderly parents, grandmother and in-laws, the months of isolation and loneliness is much worse than the minuscule risk of catching COVID.

Yep. Those who don’t want to join, don’t have to. But we will have our normal get together. Even in the event of someone catching the Covid, your odds for recovery are pretty overwhelming, even the old folks. My poor grandma was a mess after the initial shut down and everyone avoiding her. She said she would rather be dead than live that way.

Comment

More than likely doing a skype thanksgiving, me and the youngest son are the only 2 in the family that have got by......until yesterday, now he's feeling pretty poorly with fever, aches, no taste, and he says his nose burns like he snorted pool water. They're just across town so the "over it dil's" are gonna cook, the "over it grandsons" will distribute food, and we'll set around the computer screen, visit, and enjoy the family as best we can.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Yep. Those who don’t want to join, don’t have to. But we will have our normal get together. Even in the event of someone catching the Covid, your odds for recovery are pretty overwhelming, even the old folks.
                      Correct...but, with that said, prayers to all of our GS brothers and sisters who’s families are fighting this crap.

Comment

Ours was canceled this past weekend. Sister in law is a coach and three girls on the bus with her started running fever all at once. They all had to quarantine and get tested. Seems to me like it should be one or the other. This was before the test results were back on the girls yet. Ignorance, IMO.

Comment

We still full bore...although some will not be attending. i usually try to hunt the weekend but I shot my buck already so still deciding if I will go out.

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
                            Mine did. My wife just tested positive on Monday. Stupid effing parents that send their kids to school all doped up on Tylenol and then play stupid like they didn't know. It happens all the time. Its not the kids fault, I blame the idiot parents.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
                            Have been shaking my head at those parents for years........

Sorry to hear about your wife’s test.

Rwc

Comment

My wife, one of our sons and I were going to go to Tulsa to spend the holiday with my 92 year old mother. Just from watching the news and talking to her friends she was so anxious about it we decided to put off our trip. It’s sad because at her age we never know when a holiday with her will be our last one together.

Comment

Working...
                              X